A Blast from the Past

Well that takes me back..........talk about a blast from my past! :)

It just didn`t look right in colour. Maybe should have gone 4:3 ration too ;)

B&W is fine by me..........and as for screen ratio.........ah! the delights of the days of monochrome TV @ 405 lines resolution ;)

That takes me back a loooooong way - thanks for the nostalgia trip.

Chris

Glad I am not the only one :LOL:

Looks good, better than the original on 405 lines! I have that model somewhere I think too.

Talk about bringing back memories.......

The TV was a Bush brand in a cabinet with legs and roller shutter doors. At that time that we still had it in the mid to late 60's I was very interested (still am?) in technology and I made my own Yagi VHF aerial to dabble in long range TV reception.

I managed to receive French 810 lines transmission and the Bush showed it as two identical pictures side by side without audio. I took a photo and got it included in a one page article (with a credit and referenced in the article) in the magazine Practical Television........I think I still have the mag somewhere in storage :)

Talk about bringing back memories.......

The TV was a Bush brand in a cabinet with legs and roller shutter doors. At that time that we still had it in the mid to late 60's I was very interested (still am?) in technology and I made my own Yagi VHF aerial to dabble in long range TV reception.

I managed to receive French 810 lines transmission and the Bush showed it as two identical pictures side by side without audio. I took a photo and got it included in a one page article (with a credit and referenced in the article) in the magazine Practical Television........I think I still have the mag somewhere in storage :)

haha nice one. I bet that TV was half the size of your lounge (front room, for back in the day speak ;))
If you can find the mag, please put a pic up, I`d love to see it :)

Thanks for all the kind comments guys :)

haha nice one. I bet that TV was half the size of your lounge (front room, for back in the day speak ;))
If you can find the mag, please put a pic up, I`d love to see it :)

Nah! the TV was quite modest size just of, for its day, 'furniture' modern look;) possibly 20inch screen if that!???

As for the mag......will do but please don't hold your breath!

Nah! the TV was quite modest size just of, for its day, 'furniture' modern look;) possibly 20inch screen if that!???

As for the mag......will do but please don't hold your breath!

Even a 20" would be huge compared to todays TV`s. I remember struggling with my first 28" widescreen :) I do remember the old cabinet monsters though, and as you rightly say, a peice of furniture.

No worried on the mag, mate. Was interested is all. If you find it, drop me a pm whenever :)

Even a 20" would be huge compared to todays TV`s. I remember struggling with my first 28" widescreen :) I do remember the old cabinet monsters though, and as you rightly say, a peice of furniture.

No worried on the mag, mate. Was interested is all. If you find it, drop me a pm whenever :)

I have just googled but still, so far yet to find the model I recall.

I did find some online pdf of the mag... but not 'my one'... the section in it was called DX TV :)

I remember saving Kellogg cereal packet tops and sending away for that model. It took about 3 months to arrive, but it was well worth the long, frustrating wait! That must have been 1963, I reckon. Loved playing with the removable capsule which landed on strange new planets (read: pillow)

Back