A bolt and nylon washer question

Edit My Images
No
Hi all

I am looking into creating a swing out extension for my computer desk as follows.

It is intended to hold the keyboard MS trackball and I want to pivot close to one end by bolting it at a single point.

As I 'see' it I need one bolt (possibly with a coach bolt head) and under the extension on the bolt shaft there needs to be two thin nylon washers of largish diameter so that (subject to how firmly tight the bolt is) the extension will swing smoothly and not wobble in use. Also, I picture using a nylon bush/liner in the hole in the desk with another nylon bush on the end of the bolt followed by a wing nut for adjustment as needed?

I have looked for bolts, nylon washers etc but though a coachbolt with wingnut should be simple to source................it is the large ( and smaller nylon washers I am having some trouble finding as well as the like material a bushing liner in the hole in the desk.

Any insight and ideas for sources of such elements and as I need so few parts a retailer would fit the bill???

TIA :)

Try accu.co.uk

Thanks :D I did spot that name/brand in my searches but now you have pointed to it I have looked closer and for sure (y) worth an in depth look :)

If you are really struggling to find anything suitable you could send me some drawings to:

robertwilliamdw at gmail.com
or
PM me

and I can make you something up on the lathe using some delrin or bearings.

HTH

@RWDW

Hi Robert

Thanks for the much appreciated offer :)

For now, using the Accu site, I did identify the parts I needed apart from the nylon washers......these I found on Amaz*n. To cover some possible 'in construction' needed alternatives, I ordered 3 different bolt types (all M8 x 60mm) and both a wingnut and nylock nut (wing nut to prove concept.....nylock to replace wingnut for final fitting).

Next is to find a suitable offcut of wood :). Hopefully on Monday a few phone calls to see what is available ???

Back