A Boring Image

Sometimes a scene is so mundane that you just feel compelled to shoot it... or is that just me ?!?

Mundane? by Ash Smith, on Flickr

I'm struggling to say something positive about it!
It's probably the most "mundane" (your description, not mine) image ever posted on TP. :)

Last edited:
Sorry but it is you!

Not just you. I like 'boring' pictures. (y)

I like it - reminds me of Egglestone's work.

I was setting up my camera the other day and a mum & (10yrs old ish) daughter were walking past. "What's he taking a picture of?" asked the girl. "Nothing" mum replied, looking back at where my camera was pointing. I then entitled it "Nothing" and it makes me smile every time I look at it. Everyone's different. Thankfully.

It has certain 'classic' qualities that suggest it's not entirely mundane. Not one I'd have taken, but probably an area it would be worth you mining a bit more to see what you find.

I actually rather like it. It is quite compelling and the processing is spot on.

Not just you. I like 'boring' pictures. (y)

I think that quite often there can be something quite beautiful aout the 'boring' - it certainly worked for William Egglestone!

I like it - reminds me of Egglestone's work.

I was setting up my camera the other day and a mum & (10yrs old ish) daughter were walking past. "What's he taking a picture of?" asked the girl. "Nothing" mum replied, looking back at where my camera was pointing. I then entitled it "Nothing" and it makes me smile every time I look at it. Everyone's different. Thankfully.

Somebody else made a similar comment and I very much appreciate the comparisson. Yep if everyone liked the same thing we'd all be out shooting seaside long exposure sunsets with a lovely rock in the foreground ;)

It has certain 'classic' qualities that suggest it's not entirely mundane. Not one I'd have taken, but probably an area it would be worth you mining a bit more to see what you find.

Oh, definitely a "theme" I will continue to play around with.

I actually rather like it. It is quite compelling and the processing is spot on.

Cheers, I had a very definite 'feel' in mind when processing it and I'm very happy with that aspect of it.

Just add an arty title. And it will sell for a fortune.

Certainly seems to work for a fair few 'fine art' photographers

You'd have to start dressing excentrically and wear old style glasses to pull it off.

I can do that - half way there already - include talking to myself and you've got it!

Do glasses from Poundland qualify?

Back