A challenge to the sky (and other photos of decay)

Name
Toni
Edit My Images
No
OK, I've had a beer and I'm coming up with silly thread titles. ;)

This time Heyford Park gets the IR treatment and goes all crunchy. The title comes from the figure in the first image plus a little of the second and last. Posted in general because they're not exactly urban & architecture.

HeyfordparkIR-3296 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

HeyfordparkIR-3299 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

HeyfordparkIR-3303-2 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

HeyfordparkIR-3308 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

HeyfordparkIR-3313 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

HeyfordparkIR-3324 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

C&C welcome.

Hi Toni.
the other day I asked " why IR daytime shots"
I think I am now beginning to understand and see the fascination :cool:
The IR adds a lot of interest to an otherwise dare I say "snapshot".
I especially like the symmetry to the last shot but that is probably because it is nearest to a regular picture.

Thanks for showing

Hi Toni.
the other day I asked " why IR daytime shots"
I think I am now beginning to understand and see the fascination :cool:
The IR adds a lot of interest to an otherwise dare I say "snapshot".
I especially like the symmetry to the last shot but that is probably because it is nearest to a regular picture.

Thanks for showing

Thanks Andy. I think the IR can alter the way in which light is recorded to bring a different sense of depth compared to conventional photos.

The snaps comment is an interesting one, possibly reflecting my seeming inability to create significant and interesting pictures of a process going on in the area around where I work. This isn't asking for sympathy BTW, but my other IR threads have created more interest, possibly because the pictures are brighter and more striking. My Heyford Park images, whether colour or mono, have attracted relatively little apparent interest, suggesting they either simply aren't interesting enough to be worth the effort for crit or don't carry the message intended very well. I should probably ty mono for these too, to emphasis the industrial & grittier aspects.

Back