Yes
Our Abbey.

She is happy honestly :)

Gaz

Crit / feedback most welcomed.

LVUtojz.jpg

Last edited:
I bow to your cat whispering skills.

Any tips for getting a cat to sit like that with all that stuff on it for longer than 2 seconds? I've tried stuff like this but it ends up an exercise in complete frustration.

Brilliant - that is one grumpy looking cat! As said above, that'd make a great Christmas card

If that's happy - I would hate to see her angry- great shot Gary :)

Les
Thanks Les.
Truly wonderful - says it all !
Thanks James.
That's brill! Although she does look a bit cross!

I'll bet you could sell that to a xmas card company.
Thanks Jeremy. I have no idea how to go about selling photos. It's good to hear you think it is good enough to try.

I bow to your cat whispering skills.

Any tips for getting a cat to sit like that with all that stuff on it for longer than 2 seconds? I've tried stuff like this but it ends up an exercise in complete frustration.
HaHa.

It is not the first time I have taken photos of Abbey.
Without food I think I would have no chance. She is a very hungry cat "all the time"

If there are treats available and you have a bit of patience, most times I manage to get some images.
Tbh honest I didn't think I would get the neck scarf "thingy" on. With it up around my wrist and treat in my fingers I pulled it down over head as she stook hold of the treat.

I expected her to jump down and start scratching at it.

She didn't care though !

I cheated with the hat "Sorry" to spoil it. That said I did think most would have guessed that.

After I took Abbey's photo.

I left camera and light as they were and placed the hat on a ball I had.

Later I placed the hat onto Abbey's head warped "the hat" a bit and tried to place a bit of a shadow under it just to try and make it a little believable.

Brilliant - that is one grumpy looking cat! As said above, that'd make a great Christmas card
Thanks Si

Haha. I will be on the look out for one of those for next year.
Thanks for the idea & feedback.
what light did you use please ?
Hiya.

For the background I used an ad200 with a reflector this had a red gel inside. I'm quite new to using more than one light but it worked ok here, I thought.

Background is grey paper.

To light Abbey I used an ad400 in a 120 octabox. This is another recent purchase I used it here as I had tried to take some cheesy Christmas
card family photos "my good lady insists" a few days before so the softbox was left up.

I used a silver 5 in 1 reflector on the opposite side.

As mentioned above I have taken quite a few photos of Abbey now. Always using one speedlight in a 80 by 80 softbox and a reflector on the opposite side.
Those all worked out well.

I would'nt want anyone to think you need these strobes I used here.

Hope that is of some use.

Gaz

Last edited:
Back