A church in the stars

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello and evening all,

I went out last night and gave a mini star trail tutorial to some people who are interested. thankfully everyone came away with good results and were very happy and therefore made the teacher very happy.

This was mine which consists of 155 images at 30s stacked together, a bit of clarity and my logo added = job done

Star trails church
by stonedcamel, on Flickr

thanks for looking

Very nice shot there, makes me dizzy looking at it.:)

Do you know what would have been kind of awesome, if you'd used a vantage point that put the pole star on the tip of the spire or something. So that it looked like the stars were sort of radiating out from that point.

(y)

This is on my list of things I must try Mark.

Do you know what would have been kind of awesome, if you'd used a vantage point that put the pole star on the tip of the spire or something. So that it looked like the stars were sort of radiating out from that point.

Great idea Charlotte, will maybe pinch this sometime soon!

Not a bad effort at all, I'd personally like to see the trails a little more intense, I would have looked to do a little bit of perspective correction on the church...what were your ISO and aperture settings?

Matt

Not to sure on the composition to be honest, i dont like all the cut off gravestones in the foreground, it makes it all look a touch too busy for me, maybe a slightly different angle would work better.
As matt said the trails could do with being a bit more dramatic, it looks as if it was a pretty dark location so maybe open the aperture up a touch more and ramp the iso up a notch or 2?

What are the dotted lines? I can spot at least 4 and they're rather distracting.

A ton of distortion, it would what was this shot on?

I'd probably make it a bit less purple, also think it's a bit too bright, but that's subjective, on the whole I like it.

What are the dotted lines? I can spot at least 4 and they're rather distracting.

A ton of distortion, it would what was this shot on?

I'd probably make it a bit less purple, also think it's a bit too bright, but that's subjective, on the whole I like it.

Airplanes ;)

Back