A contradiction I want close up shots but showing less quality any suggestions

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello

I want to have close up photos but they show floors in the models that are not visible to the naked eye and would like any suggestions please. I appreciate this may not be applicable to this forum thread but have been wracking my brains for ages now to find a solutiuon.

Kind regards

S

Keyrings206.jpg

Keyrings412.jpg

Keyrings339.jpg

Keyrings423.jpg

A) Play with the DOF and a low fno (f2.8) so that only a thin line = the bits you want are in focus
B) Phohtoshop them

I understand the DOF 2.8 but I only have max 3.5 DOF and have found it almost impossible to get anymore out of focus. If I was to use PS I do not want to manipulate the picture to the point where it is frankly a lie if that makes sense.

Thank you for your helpful advice I will be trying to get the DOF right though some how

Kind regards

S

What focal length do you have? (Also camera / lens etc)

15mm @ f2.8 give *MUCH* more DOF than 200mm @ f2.8 :) So for less DOF you can (lenses and equipment allowing of course), move the camera further away and zoom back in :)

Hi

If I understand correctly, you want just the models in focus not what they'e standing on.

Try putting the models on a sheet of glass or perspex, raising them off the floor, with the supports out of shot. This should render the background and floor out of focus. You may have to try to counteract reflections.

Sorry can't really help beyond whats been said already. Perhaps use a different background.

Do you mean 'shows flaws' ?

I think the cars look OK.

Spell Check a wonderful thing Richmond you are correct it is the "flaws" I do not want to show not the "floors"e.g the items the keyring is on. As this is needed to show scale

Simon

You could run it through Neat Image or Noiseware Community Edition which are noise reduction software and push up the luminosity setting to smooth out the detail. Google for Noiseware Community Edition it's freeware ;)

Here I did one for you ;)
1418781910_3b875df7f6_o.jpg

Cool keyrings! Is the matchbox to show the size? coz you could have some fun with different backgrounds, Use a coin or key to show size?

PS: Got a spare one of the Mini???!!!??? :D :naughty:

Back