A couple from the summer

In the first image it's a shame about the background fences as the horse is a beautiful looking animal and a well exposed difficult colour.
The second I can see what you've tried to achieve and I like the idea. But and there's always a but, once again the fence rail is a distraction and I'd also like to see more of the young ladies face. Worth having another go when the weather is right again.

Thanks Andy, We've already agreed a date for a repeat session in the spring. Looking forward to it and to putting your tips into action.

I try to look at an image and take out what doesn’t contribute to the image/mood being portrayed. So, the second image could be improved by a crop in my opinion Nick.
If you take out the tree LH side so the girl is almost at the edge and make it a square format, the Image becomes more balanced and a more intimate study.
You could clone out the fence post but in the square format it actually works leaving it there for me. :)

Last edited:
I do not think the paddock fences are a problem per se. especially if they are used as part of the composition. where they could create a graphical element.
in this case they are just there, and not helping much.
The horse looks in beautiful condition.

I do not think the paddock fences are a problem per se. especially if they are used as part of the composition. where they could create a graphical element.
in this case they are just there, and not helping much.
The horse looks in beautiful condition.

It was. It took a tumble that day and has only just recovered. About 8 weeks in total. It IS a beautiful horse though

Back