A Couple Of 1St's For Me - Le Mans 2016

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Having seen the quality of the other Le Mans threads, I wasn't so sure about posting as those are some absolutely stunning shots! But thought I would anyway purely because it was an event of a couple of 1st's for me that I am pleased about.

For most of the shots, I couldn't get close enough to the fence to totally focus it out so there is still some distortion on some of the shots, but will have to live with that this year and learn from it (get there earlier to the track to get a better position :) ).

The shots are a mixture of the main event and the LM P3 race before hand.

The 2 1st's -

1 - first time at Le Mans (or any motorsport event actually!) - what an amazing event! So want to go again (need to convince the wife that it is a good idea :) )

2 - first time with my new Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary lens - love it! Was really pleased with how it handled. I had seen some great reviews and pictures (mainly on the thread on these forums) and thought why not - I am not disappointed!

Anyway, here are a few shots (the rest are on flickr and I wont flood the thread) -

1 -
Le Mans 24hr - Mercedes in garage by rackhs, on Flickr

2 -
Le Mans 24h - LM P3 Race - Classic & Modern Racing - Ferrari F458 Italia GT3 - off-roading by rackhs, on Flickr

3 -
Le Mans 24h - LM P3 Race - DC Racing - Ligier JSP3 - Nissan by rackhs, on Flickr

4 -
Le Mans 24h - Chevrolet Racing - GM - Chevrolet Corvette C7.R by rackhs, on Flickr

5 -
Le Mans 24h - Pegasus Racing - Morgan - Nissan by rackhs, on Flickr

6 -
Le Mans 24h - Team AAI - Chevrolet Corvette C7 by rackhs, on Flickr

7 -
Le Mans 24h - Signatech Alpine - Alpine A460 - Nissan by rackhs, on Flickr

8 -
Le Mans 24h - Michael Shank Racing - Ligier JS P2 Honda by rackhs, on Flickr

My pick is #1…
interesting PoV!

Thanks Kodiak, thought I would try and get something slightly different to just track shots [emoji4]

Thanks Neil. Wasn't sure if 1 would work. Got a few different shots through to see what it was like. And tried loads of panning - getting used to the new lens and the speed of the cars was fun [emoji4]

They look good to me Steve, especially for a first effort at Motorsport and Le Mans. It looks like you caught a bit of drama in a couple of shots and your panning is about spot on, perhaps try not to put the car in the middle of the frame but that's all. There isn't a lot you can do about the fences apart from getting close, using a wide aperture and watching how the light falls on it.

Thanks Paul, definitely some stuff to try and improve on and as good an excuse as any to go again next year as far as I am concerned :D

Really good set for your first time, well first time or not their good. Le Mans is like a drug, once you've gphad a taste you just want more!

Paul.

Back