A couple of beach scenes

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
I think the second would be improved it the sky and distance weren't so dark. The sand and shell are lovely.

The first isn't appealling to me at all with such a tiny area being either still or in focus. Sorry.

I liked both, in fact I like especially how the dark sky contrasts so much with the sunny beach (was this intentional?)

I liked both, in fact I like especially how the dark sky contrasts so much with the sunny beach (was this intentional?)

Not so much intentional as just a result from the exposure required for the foreground. I havent used any filters or darkend down in PP at all (I know they look very dark). 5 mins after this I was caugth in very heavy rain and hukering down behind a wall with my jacket of the camera.

Like TGO, I like the way the sky is dark and threatening (or even promising rather than just threatening!) compared to the sunlit foreground in #2. Like Ruth though, the ultra shallow DoF doesn't do it for me in #1. Worth the experiment though.

The second one for me, particularly due to the lines in the sand which happen to be at right angles to the shell and its shadow. Might the horizon be a touch off?

I like them both, and prefer the second one with the side lighting and beautiful lines of the sand. I think the hardest landscapes to get right are those into the light due to getting the exposure right and the first shows a good balance.

Two cracking shots, I love the colour in the first and the contrast in the second Michael.

Cheers guys - I quite often wander down the beach here, these were just an atempt to catch something a bit differnet to what Id normally shoot. (y)

The first one I'm not keen on with the narrow focus, I'd like to have seen more of the background.

I love the second shot composition with the horizontal V shapes and stark contrasts. My only criticism, which is ALL my own preference is that I'd have liked it even more without the shell. I don't think it was needed to make the pic fab as the ripples in the sand are enough detail to look at. Not sure if that makes sense, except to me hehe.

Bear in mind, I'm only an enthusiastic amateur :p And, I'm only being picky for the sake of it.

Last edited:
Back