A couple of birdies

jgs001

Brian Cox
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken through the kitchen window at birds on the garden feeder, RAW mode hack on the Z2. The Z2 is a rather noisy camera, sorry.

1 I cut off the edge of his foot when I took the shot F3.7 1/500s @ISO80
Picture-916.jpg

2 A starling on top of the feeder F3.7 1/400s @ISO100
Picture-930.jpg

I've been trying to use the sharpening information I found on here the other day. Did it work out ? Does my crop of the image work ? I was aiming to get the beak pointing into the corner of the frame.

All C&C welcome, thanks for looking.

I like the second one a lot more than the first.

Thanks for the comments guys. Do you think the PP has worked in them ? Is the amount of PP about right ? to little ? Overdone ?

Good considering they were through the window. I think the PP is about right. Nice crop particularly the 2nd one (y)

Thanks Maureen

Would like to see all the feet in the first one, fab shot though!!!! Starling is lovely too, maybe a little light, slightly blown on the beak, hard not to do in the bright sun though! Well done! :D

Thanks Ladybird. My bad on the foot. Trying to catch it before it took off I didn't frame it properly. I'll have another look at the Starling and see if I can't adjust it in the RAW processing to reduce the blowness (??)

oooh! you shoot RAW? I'm still on JPEG! :D

It's a hacked firmware, there are issues, I have to convert the strange, jpg labelled, output file to a Nikon NEF format. But to use camera RAW, it has to be a Nikon camera with a bigger sensor format, so I get a big black border around every image. RAW is also much better for taking astro photos with, not that my camera is any good at them, the sensor is just to small I've since discovered. It also takes an age to save the RAW data to the sd card (Sandisk Extreme III) compared to saving jpeg.

I knew there was a reason I took the easy option! :D

:D

I tried, I'm kinda guessing on the settings as I'm not really that familiar with PP, and I can't make any real difference, so I guess it's not there at all, and it wasn't just my processing.

Back