A couple of flowers

*Sarah*

Peel Me!
Name
Sarah
Edit My Images
Yes
I was spoilt at Christmas and was given a Fujifilm XT1 from my hubby Peter and then he bought a bouquet of flowers a couple of days ago. It would have been rude not to have taken a few shots of them!
I know a shallow depth of field isn't everyones cup of tea but I do like it.
I've had an XE2 for about 18 months and fell in love with it and so far I'm very impressed with the XT1! They were taken in natural light using the XT1 and Zeiss Touit 50mm 2.8.

Gypsophila
Gypsophila 3 by Sarah Bindon, on Flickr

Rose
pastel rose by Sarah Bindon, on Flickr

Thanks for looking and Happy New Year!!

Number 2 is lovely, number 1 I like the idea, but a bit more depth of field would be an improvement I think, as difficult as it may be.

Thank you Andrew, I'll try and have another go at #1 with a little more dof as I like the effect, but I agree that it needs a just a little bit more. Just hope for a bit of light when I get in from work so I can reshoot or I might have to get Peter to treat me to some more flowers!! :)

2nd one is really nice. Could easily be adapted to work on a home-made greetings card or similar! Haven't heard of that lens, does it fit automatically with the XT-1 or need an adapter?

I tried an XT-1 with a battery grip at the Calumet open day and I loved the size and weight of it but tempted to hold out to see an XT-2 when that comes out. Not sure how I'd cope with the electronic viewfinder too longterm.

2nd one is really nice. Could easily be adapted to work on a home-made greetings card or similar! Haven't heard of that lens, does it fit automatically with the XT-1 or need an adapter?

I tried an XT-1 with a battery grip at the Calumet open day and I loved the size and weight of it but tempted to hold out to see an XT-2 when that comes out. Not sure how I'd cope with the electronic viewfinder too longterm.

Thank you Michael. the lens is fully compatible with the Fuji and fits on without an adapter. I have a fuji macro lens was tried the Zeiss Touit and preferred it as it gives 1:1. The electronic viewfinder is great though I have been using an XE2 for over a year so it feels normal now. I'm very pleased with the feel and handling of the XT1 - like yourself I was thinking about waiting for an XT2 but am too impatient!!

Yes, #2 is easy to like because of it's appeal, instant recognition
and the fact that it is well done but I can't do much with it… not as
much as with #1 which offers me much more options as layout artist.

So I like both, really!

Superb Sarah; loving those floral images with the Zeiss glass, excellent work. I'm also into floral photography.

Regards;
Peter

Thank you Peter, I am impressed with the Zeiss lens, its great for flower photography!

Yes, #2 is easy to like because of it's appeal, instant recognition
and the fact that it is well done but I can't do much with it… not as
much as with #1 which offers me much more options as layout artist.

So I like both, really!

Thank you for your comments!!

Back