A couple of hours at the station

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
So i went to the station for a take photos of numbers for this weeks 52 thread. Whilst there i also took various photos of the trains and volunteers. The station is only 3-4 miles away from home (Severn Valley RailwayBridgnorth), but i don't go as often as i should.
It was a very bright morning and have found that the photos actuallywork better in B/W.
I don't know how these will stack up against other train shots in this section, but i'm quite happy with them. I found out how tricky it is to get good shots when you're restricted to shooting from the platform or foot bridge.
These aren't your classic steam train shots, more like station life.
Any advise on improvements would be welcome.

IMG_1203 by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

IMG_1155 by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

IMG_1179 by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

IMG_1123 by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

IMG_1148 by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like these, not your usual 'train in motion' shots (which I do like) but an excellent "station life" sequence ... very enjoyable :)

A great selection of shots, full of atmosphere. I think the 1st shot and No 4 really work well .

Thanks for taking the time to comment and for the feed back.

Nice set of shots, if your going to visit more often I look forwards to the next ones.

Really good set and as Gramps said different to the normal 'in motion' shots and good to see. It's like a peek behind the scenes.

Back