B&W A couple of lakes mono landscapes

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are a ccouple of shots I took yesterday morning. I went to Buttermere which was lovely and still but things did not happen how I wanted so I took some other shots.

This was taken on the way home as round Rannerdale knot at Crummock as I got out the car the stillness of the lake broke. I hung around and I shot this.

Crummock water mono by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Before leaving Buttermere I decided to see how much ice was still on sour milk gill. I was pleaseently surprised by how much there was and took some detail shots of which this got procesesed

Frozen falls by Alf Branch, on Flickr

What do you think?

I'm not usually keen on B&W landscapes but those are really very good IMHO, in fact for me the first is as good as it gets, great tonal range and sense of place.

Two very nice shots Sir, with #2 being my particular fav'.(y)

George.

I'm not usually keen on B&W landscapes but those are really very good IMHO, in fact for me the first is as good as it gets, great tonal range and sense of place.
Gotta be one. These macro landscape shots aren't for me although it is very well processed. Plus you cannot beat still water. Nicely done.
"Still" is just another way to spell "w-a-t-e-r"… I have
learned that water can be magical in so many ways. :cool:
I really like the second shot, lovely detail
First one for me, very nice indeed
The first is excellent - what's that bright white area on the lake shore just to the right of the tree?

The bright spot is a beach/section of hillside on the far shore lit by the sun

Two very nice shots Sir, with #2 being my particular fav'.(y)

George.

Thanks all glad you like them

Really like the first one Alf, the dark to light draws your eye to the background and who doesn't love reflections.

Thanks Graham
I was struggling to make this work in colour as soon as I converted it the feel of it pleased me and that dark to light effect helped

Enticing pair of pictures!

THanks Disha

Yes I like both Alf. No1 that tree I love that, and it's reflection, got a thing about trees. Nice work in adverse conditions. Thank goodness for B&W eh! Nicely done!
No2, nice textures and shapes amongst the ice(y)

Yes I like both Alf. No1 that tree I love that, and it's reflection, got a thing about trees. Nice work in adverse conditions. Thank goodness for B&W eh! Nicely done!
No2, nice textures and shapes amongst the ice(y)
Thanks Steve

Back