A couple of my Studio portraits

moomike

TPer Emeritus
Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's a couple of my studio portraits from a recent shoot for a MUA - after I'd done all of the usual, close up, high fashion style shots, I grabbed a few extra images that didn't really show off the makeup, but I thought I'd like to edit in more of my usual style. Felt weird shooting digital instead of film though as that seems to be all I've done recently!

Thanks for looking.

rsLEWxO.jpg

Or black and white?
locqCbP.jpg

Wasn't sure about this last one, but there's something about it that I like.
QRwg2zK.jpg

It's the strangeness that I like the most about the last. It's not "usual" or "typical" which is why it stands out for me.

All three are standout images that have a lovely polished "finished" feel to them. I suspect your subjects will be chuffed.

your lighting technique shines through in no 1 and brings out a classical portraiture style...the regency period and in oils
i took the liberty to crop your no 1 and crop only!!
the lady has a royal pose there which would sit in a large dark brown wooden frame
its a winner!!

AAA.jpga AAf.jpg

Last edited:
I loved number 1. The lighting is superb and so is the model. Congratulations!

Very elegantly done indeed!

Personally - I'd aim for a smidge more separation from the background in the first 2, esp on the model's left. I suspect that the processing may have reduced what distinction there was? But maybe you like it as is..

What's the white line immediately above the front of the shawl?

Those are fine images.
Very beautiful_ classical.

Gaz

just testing...flikr isnt doing so well
alternate frame...

Attachments

• a AAf 2.jpg
    a AAf 2.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 11
Back