A couple of oldies...

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
I was on Tulla on that very day and got a bag full of pictures. Remember it well. :)
Edit: just refreshed my memory of the day, I didn't get a bag full of pictures at all. Was out with Garry Smith, sunrise was decent enough, we were out on the moor then headed down to Tulla where it rapidly degenerated in to a day of minimal black and whites.
Next day was sort of similar but met up with the Littlejohn fella. We mostly talked s***e then went home. :LOL:

Last edited:
Both of these are gorgeous; although the second is more instantly striking, the first would I think slowly grow on you and keep revealing subtleties.
Thanks John, the Loch Tulla one is certainly a grower :)

I was on Tulla on that very day and got a bag full of pictures. Remember it well. :)
Edit: just refreshed my memory of the day, I didn't get a bag full of pictures at all. Was out with Garry Smith, sunrise was decent enough, we were out on the moor then headed down to Tulla where it rapidly degenerated in to a day of minimal black and whites.
Next day was sort of similar but met up with the Littlejohn fella. We mostly talked s***e then went home. :LOL:
Cheers Scott, aye I started at Kilchurn looking at the other files from the day, I'm sure I remember saying that we just missed each other. Sounds like a grand day with Mark :D . Hope you're well mate?

Nowt wrong with either but see two - I reckon the colour might be “the one” as you DMd me on IG what it looks like.
Cheers mate...I like the 'colour' one but the mono one fitted in more with what I've done recently lol

Cheers Scott, aye I started at Kilchurn looking at the other files from the day, I'm sure I remember saying that we just missed each other. Sounds like a grand day with Mark :D . Hope you're well mate?
We could have been 30 yards apart and still not seen each other in that mirk.
Aye, cheers Martin, doing fine apart from not being arsed going back to work tomorrow. You?

We could have been 30 yards apart and still not seen each other in that mirk.
Aye, cheers Martin, doing fine apart from not being arsed going back to work tomorrow. You?
Aye all good mate ta, just keeping myself to myself as always [emoji16]

No 1 would print very nicely on aquarelle paper. It sure is a keeper.

No2 I feel needs more brightness, particularly as you chose to display it against white backdrop.

These are lovely Martin, really beautifully handled in post too. I'm biassed because these images are to my taste but I'd honestly say they were both in your top 5 images imo, they really classy, tonally they are spot on!

I have to say I'm quite envious of that first one, just goes to show you don't need a lot to make a beautiful image. I'd literally give my right arm to shoot in conditions like that!

EDIT.
I think if you can even the tones on the left of the tree it will greatly improve this one, its a little heavy the vignette on that side imo.

Last edited:
No 1 would print very nicely on aquarelle paper. It sure is a keeper.

No2 I feel needs more brightness, particularly as you chose to display it against white backdrop.
Thank you :)

These are lovely Martin, really beautifully handled in post too. I'm biassed because these images are to my taste but I'd honestly say they were both in your top 5 images imo, they really classy, tonally they are spot on!

I have to say I'm quite envious of that first one, just goes to show you don't need a lot to make a beautiful image. I'd literally give my right arm to shoot in conditions like that!

EDIT.
I think if you can even the tones on the left of the tree it will greatly improve this one, its a little heavy the vignette on that side imo.
Thanks very much Neil, that means a lot, it really does.

I'll look into trying to sort out the tree one next time i'm on the Mac. :)

Both very nice, I love the snow on the tree in number 2 but for me, number 1 is magical, it should be on many a wall. (y)

Back