A couple of our smallest

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Two of our smallest birds snapped on 27th Feb at Willsbridge, near Bristol.

Goldcrest
DSC_9815_zpscb1atlz8.jpg

Wren
DSC_9804_zpsyizlfact.jpg

A couple of very nice shots there Mike.

Both of these images are very soft and too central in the frame. More space required left and right respectively.

The exif shows the settings are reasonable so I wonder if they are big crops which will explain the loss of detail, particularly in No 2. Either that if handheld it might be camera shake.

Thanks for the comments, guys.
@BRASH, yes, they're quite heavy crops which partially explains the softness, but despite the highish shutter speed I suspect there might have still been a bit of motion blur there too. These are both very active little birds. I still thought they were worth posting though. Point taken about central framing. I should have noticed that, but I won't reframe them now as it'd mess up the relevance of your comments.
Cheers,
Mike.

Thanks for the comments, guys.
@BRASH, yes, they're quite heavy crops which partially explains the softness, but despite the highish shutter speed I suspect there might have still been a bit of motion blur there too. These are both very active little birds. I still thought they were worth posting though. Point taken about central framing. I should have noticed that, but I won't reframe them now as it'd mess up the relevance of your comments.
Cheers,
Mike.

Just points to bear in mind for the future.

Back