B&W A couple of rock formations/caves at Tintagel.

I love these, was only there endof Sept myelf. took some photos on my old D80, but they didnt come out like these:(

If it makes you feel better to be honest they didn't come out like this. That is the magic of post production. Had this debate a few times of late. My take on it is that I aim to produce an image that is pleasing to the eye. I'm not a purist. I do aim to get the best pic I can in the first place though you can still get good results through a pic that doesn't originally seem all that great. Thats the thing with shooting RAW and i guess the nature of digital photography. Shooting RAW you get the raw data and 'develop' it in software as minimally or creatively as you wish just as you would with analogue in the darkroom albeit a more tactile analogue experience. Anyway pardon me if i am being boring and stating the obvious or whatnot. Here is the original as it came out of the camera. View attachment 26001

I feel you did right with the mono, it ads so much more grit to the pictures, Nice work Will,

Geoff

Cartus. Fair enough, I'll forgive you. Its not the best shot I've taken for sure but I like the silk purse I came out with.
Thanks Geoff

Back