A couple of stag images

Love the warm colours of the 1st and a majestic looking beast. :)

I dig the deep tones too but not the saturation level.
#1 too!

#1 too!

Saturation levels haven't been touched, white balance was shot cloudy and they're pretty much straight from the camera other than sharpening.

Saturation levels haven't been touched, white balance was shot cloudy and they're pretty much straight from the camera other than sharpening.

What software did you use, Martin?

What software did you use, Martin?

Lightroom. They're as the camera shot them other than a slight exposure and shadows tweak, and sharpened. I always shoot cloudy WB on the Sony as it does shoot quite cool.

I always shoot cloudy WB

There you have it! I would suggest you shoot AWB to test.

WB is the less critical of the many parameters at SR but
most important at the beginning of the PP.

A fine looking beast, very well taken Martin (y)
- I agree with Daniel (Kodiak) about the apparent deep saturation level, and his suggested use of AWB when shooting. Then in Lightroom you can use the White Balance dropper tool in the Basic Panel to set WB to best effect.

Russ

Martin I think canon#s cloudy WB over cooks it a bit good thoughts above this. Love the first !!

stu

A fine looking beast, very well taken Martin (y)

- I agree with Daniel (Kodiak) about the apparent deep saturation level, and his suggested use of AWB when shooting. Then in Lightroom you can use the White Balance dropper tool in the Basic Panel to set WB to best effect.

Russ
It's amazing how we see images differently after a while, and I totally agree, I'll take a look at them tomorrow and tweak a bit. I still don't use AWB though as it's too cool, especially for my landscapes which is what I predominantly shoot :)

Martin I think canon#s cloudy WB over cooks it a bit good thoughts above this. Love the first !!

stu

Canon's certainly does, I shot Canon for 5 years before switching to Sony last year :)

Shot with sony ,so funny mate don't know why I thought canon , silly sod it's not like you didn't tell me DOH.
Colour much better for me mate greens look a bit shocking and am now musing contrast or sat as maybe a bit heavy???

Always just thoughts for you mate,tis your image. I#'m not familiar with these guys Martin,they look much darker, carry more black, than the reds I have seen,but that might be exactly right and you were there not me. I think there might be more here mate no harm experimenting you ve done the first bit got a couple of cracking frames.

. Cool to see reds against this type of bkg Martin it really makes these images for me

have a good 'un

stu

Shot with sony ,so funny mate don't know why I thought canon , silly sod it's not like you didn't tell me DOH.
Colour much better for me mate greens look a bit shocking and am now musing contrast or sat as maybe a bit heavy???

Always just thoughts for you mate,tis your image. I#'m not familiar with these guys Martin,they look much darker, carry more black, than the reds I have seen,but that might be exactly right and you were there not me. I think there might be more here mate no harm experimenting you ve done the first bit got a couple of cracking frames.

. Cool to see reds against this type of bkg Martin it really makes these images for me

have a good 'un

stu
Thanks Stu, saturation hasn't been touched, they were shot in pouring rain (can actually see the rain on the full size images) which always makes things look more vibrant to begin with, and also enhances the darker parts because they're saturated with rain :)

I think those adjusted images are now spot on, Martin (y)
- as an aside, I love your foggy Bamburgh images - reminds me of my time at Newcastle uni.

Russ

Thank you Russ. I love Bamburgh, and that was one awesome morning to be there, at least once the sun started to burn the mist off so we could the castle lol :)

Back