A couple of sunrise shots from Portland Bill

Name
Gordon
Edit My Images
Yes
I popped out to Portland Bill a couple of weekends ago aiming to shoot the lighthouse at sunrise. Whilst in position I turned around to see this. Comments and constructive critique much appreciated
untitled-15-2.jpg untitled-29-2.jpg untitled-34-2-Edit.jpg

Third shot for me Gordon.(y)

3rd for me too. They are subtle and I think that a contrast tweak on all 3 might make them pop more, or darken the shadow areas a little but that's very subjective. The composition of the 3rd is what clinches it for me. (y)

Thanks for your comments, I am very much at the learning and improving stage and appreciate the views of other photographers, although I recognise that it is all subjective. I will have a look at the images with more contrast but I am aware that i will need to be careful that they don't look overprocessed.

Looking again, I think it's the rock areas are too light, try darkening them a little before you get too much into contrast and shadows.

The 3rd is a lovely image but 2 things are the rocks being light and the structure on the horizon with the halo, which is quite distracting. A few simple tweaks and these will be on another level I think.

Refreshing to hear your views Gordon, every day is a school day, especially with photography.

All are lovely shots, but I agree that the foregrounds appear too bright, given that the sun has not yet broken the horizon.

Great set, love 3 though it would be even better if you can post bigger size so we can see them better
I seem to be having a problem posting a bigger size as it says that the file size is too big. What am I doing wrong, please explain the best way to post pictures in single syllables or my brain will start hurting!!

Back