A Dartmoor pony

What a beautiful scene, just lovely. In terms of processing, I would consider turning down the highlight and lifting shadow a little more, but that's just nit picking...

A really lovely photo,Tim.

See how the suggestions by Des go but it's such a lovely shot of the pony that I think it would benefit by cropping down the sky which would focus the eye more on the pony. My eye was ,naturally, being drawn to that very light sky. My suggestion is to crop down to just above that small brown cloud above the large one, right side. You get to keep the distant hill and fog/mist which is integral. I did it with a piece of card and ,to me, was better for it. You could try it and 'undo' if you prefer it as it was or maybe compromise and include a little more sky than my 'crop'. It would also address the highlights issue raised by Des.

It's such an endearing, special photo I think you should have a quality print made and frame it.

It's a bit late now, but that would make a great Christmas card.....

A really lovely photo,Tim.

See how the suggestions by Des go but it's such a lovely shot of the pony that I think it would benefit by cropping down the sky which would focus the eye more on the pony. My eye was ,naturally, being drawn to that very light sky. My suggestion is to crop down to just above that small brown cloud above the large one, right side. You get to keep the distant hill and fog/mist which is integral. I did it with a piece of card and ,to me, was better for it. You could try it and 'undo' if you prefer it as it was or maybe compromise and include a little more sky than my 'crop'. It would also address the highlights issue raised by Des.

It's such an endearing, special photo I think you should have a quality print made and frame it.

First, thank you all for your positive comments, John / Des I will have a play with it this week as I can see what you are both suggesting, and Robert, there's always next year ;)

"Excellent" shot Tim, liking this one very much.

Great photo, you do feel the cold looking at this one :)

Lovely shot, I've been meaning to go and have a go at the Welsh ponies for ages, and this is the kind of shot I have in my mind.

Nicely layered composition with the interest from the foreground, through the only and a lovely BG to finish it off

Mike

Back