A day in Devon

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hit the road at 02.15 am to arrive at Start Point Lighthouse for sunrise

Start Point Lighthouse by John, on Flickr

Then it was a drive back to Dartmoor National Park to get this nice little waterfall.

Hidden Twin Falls of Dartmoor by John, on Flickr

And for the final shot it was back to the coast hoping for a colorful backdrop for a stunning rock formation .

Wyscombe Beach by John, on Flickr

Got to say i did get lucky with the weather ,not the best sky's for the rise and set but they had enough color . I just got to the gorge just before the sun got to high ,so all in all not a bad day and arrived home at 20.45 with 423 miles covered.

A most enjoyable day with some nice images = win win

A day well spent.
Mileage and time justified in the quality of those images.
Sublime waterfall.

Thanks guys

chriscross ,the fallen tree was nice but unfortunately the sun was starting to rise and flood the gorge and i could not really include much of it as above every thing would have been blown .

Living on the central Southern coast we have nothing that comes close to these scenes so yes i had a very good day.

The trip was not quite a spur of the moment trip but i had booked the day of on Friday ,looked on Tuesday and weather was looking good so started to do some research as i have never ventured down that way before.
With Xmas looming, i usually produce a calendar for the family , and i was struggling to put anything together so this trip did help for this plus has given me a kick up the a--- to get out again and enjoy my hobby .

Thanks guys

chriscross ,the fallen tree was nice but unfortunately the sun was starting to rise and flood the gorge and i could not really include much of it as above every thing would have been blown .

Living on the central Southern coast we have nothing that comes close to these scenes so yes i had a very good day.

The trip was not quite a spur of the moment trip but i had booked the day of on Friday ,looked on Tuesday and weather was looking good so started to do some research as i have never ventured down that way before.
With Xmas looming, i usually produce a calendar for the family , and i was struggling to put anything together so this trip did help for this plus has given me a kick up the a--- to get out again and enjoy my hobby .

Everyone’s a winner!

I love the sea and the first and third are nice the second is the best

Back