Dragged my 44 tonnes up the A19 today...:(

A19-north.jpg

Headed down to Redcar Steelworks..

steelworks.jpg

Industry thrives.

steelworks=1.jpg

Heavy machinary..:naughty:

big-shovel.jpg

Then went further north to Hetton Le Hole where this was asking to be photographed..:woot:

wind-turbine.jpg

Some lovely shots there. I love the last two best. (y)

That wouldn't be 44t of cryogenic material would it Buster........?

Phew - thought we may be work related there! Can relax again now. Great pics as usual. Love the turbine; sky is always dull uniform grey when i get anywhere near them :(

Its some fairly funky stuff - you're much better off without that sat behind you!

Nice study and great idea. I should have a "day at work" diary. :thinking:

But then again a view over my shoulder reading the TP forums are maybe not that interesting :LOL:

I`d definitely vote for the last one,why did you cut off the blade though ?

I didnt mate, This was full frame..:(

I have some more of this with the blades at different angles but didnt look as good IMO..:p

Like this from the base of it..:nuts:

wind-turbine=1.jpg

Or this with the blades at different angles.

wind-turbine=2.jpg

(y)
nice set there mate no3 my fav closely followed by the last 2 you posted .
hope you were not still driving in the 1st shot :nono:

Nice set Tim (y) did you do much pp too them?

Had to adjust the curves a little in the steelworks shots as the smog/steam took all the colour out of anything in those works.:puke:

The wind turbines are only re-sized for the web and the little border added.:)

Well, it's certainly a lot more interesting than my day at work. I stare at 2 screens for most of the day.
I love wind turbines, I think they're incredible machines - I presume it wasn't spinning terribly quick (judging from the lack of motion blur and the wonderfully clear weather).

Nice study and great idea. I should have a "day at work" diary. :thinking:

QUOTE]

I think my working day is pretty dull but I reckon I'll give it a go. :)

Some really good pic's busterboy, my fav's .............:thinking: can't decide. :shrug:

Dai

I love wind turbines, I think they're incredible machines - I presume it wasn't spinning terribly quick (judging from the lack of motion blur and the wonderfully clear weather).

Yeah they were almost static Mark so no chance of a slow shutter speed to get motion blur. Thanks for the nice comments.:)

Love the one's of the steelworks, especially the way the sunbeams spread out.
Same here, really like that, makes a dull subject interesting (y)

I didn't say anything last time, but here goes...

Isn't it incredibly dangerous/stupid to take photos while driving a moving 40-tonne lorry?

I didn't say anything last time, but here goes...

Isn't it incredibly dangerous/stupid to take photos while driving a moving 40-tonne lorry?

Yeah a propper bummer because I'm usually watching a DVD..:p

A really interesting 'Day at Work' set Tim ... great idea for a thread ... :thinking: ... but I'll be with HuN on that one ... :shrug: ... :D

Your first windymill is definitely the potb ... but still a shame about the blade cut-off ... ;)

:p

some interesting stuff there. The last windmill shot is I think the best one for showing the saturated sky and the full blades.

Back