A different take.

Name
Barbara
Edit My Images
No
Just something a little different last night. I was lost for inspiration so though I'd just try a new approach to the wooden woman/man.

Taken with a series of torch lit shots, stacked in Photoshop, blended using lighten and texture photo (fungus from tree in garden) added.

wooden by hillwalkinggirl, on Flickr

I would have thought a lot of what you have done here could have been achieved with a single long exposure and just moving the light source :thinking: I seems to have a little bit of a yellow cast, and I'm not overly keen on the background :shrug: So sorry just not for me :( but it shows some thought has been put into the image, and the focus looks good (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks for your comments Matthew. It was actually done with 3 x 4sec exposures and moving the light source. The yellow cast was intentional, and the background texture I thought gave an impression of a cave. It was just an idea though to occupy the evening.

I like it, especially the tones in the wood. The added texture provides anearthy feel to the overall image.

I agree a similar effect could have been achieved with a single take but surely by having 3 exposures as different layers enables greater flexibility.

Cheers

Spooks

Thank you Simon. The reason I took 3 different takes was that I wanted to get the strong shadow and I found that this wasn't possible with lighting from a single torch. I know that I could have done it easier by using my LED lights or my speedlites, but I wanted to experiment with my torch. I sort of visualized woodman lost in a cave and being found by torchlight. Crazy - must have been drinking too much coffee!:eek:

Back