No
Hot and sunny with strong shadows and highlights

Boat_1.jpg

Boat_2.jpg

Boat_4.jpg

Boat_5.jpg

Boat_6.jpg

Last edited:
Too dark imo bill and the horizons are out in 2 + 3.

Too dark imo bill and the horizons are out in 2 + 3.

Thanks Brash ........ any lighter and they just look like 'shades of grey" - correcting the horizontals is easy, but my excuse is I'm on my laptop and you almost need three fingers, plus this Greek electricity causes the track pad to vibrate slightly a bit like static electricity ........ but getting B & W shots "right" is the difficult bit ..... that's why I'm posting a few to gets some feedback

I thought that the last two shots were just about there

Well Bill, if you have achieved what you set out to then job done. I see they were s*** in bright sun but the darkness makes them look a bit like twilight shots.

As for the squinty horizons, I'd wager that Greek beverages may have played a significant part as opposed to the dexterity and technical issues you detail.;)

Well Bill, if you have achieved what you set out to then job done. I see they were s*** in bright sun but the darkness makes them look a bit like twilight shots.

As for the squinty horizons, I'd wager that Greek beverages may have played a significant part as opposed to the dexterity and technical issues you detail.;)

the effect I was trying to create was that very bright sun causing very dark shadows when looking back at the boats.

the hotel we are staying in has quite a big and expensive wine list - but I have not found a Greek wine that I like and even the French imports don't taste like the stuff in France. The beer is good though, especially the bottled stuff ....... and the food is great

Mythos.jpg

Thought so.:beer::beer::beer::beer:

Back