A few days on Skye

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
A lovely few days up in Skye. The weather was grey for all but about 30 minutes this morning. Lots of walking and a few shots I'm happy with . The short days are great for sunrises where I only had to be up for around 6.15am leaving lots of time to get to the venue and walk to a spot. The problem is that everything in Skye is about an hours drive so the short days go very quickly.

I wonder how often you stand on the Quiraing at the weekend, watching a stunning Sunrise, and not one other person is on the hill. The next party arrived as I was walking back.

I was using a loaned D850 for the first time this trip. It's a cracking machine but I should have resisted the temptation to play with it as I unknowingly shooting square crops most of the morning before realising. Scraped some panos of the Quiraing sunrise but only just.

Fairy Pools by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

Fairy Pools by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

Neist Point by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

Old Man of Stor by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

Quiraing by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

Very nice set of images, liking all of these very much.(y)

George.

Very nice set with some great atmospheric images.

I'm hoping to get myself up there in February when the wife goes to sunnier climes for her holiday. It's being many years since my last visit and these shots are a reminder what Skye has to offer.....thanks.

Not looking forward to the 900 mile round trip though:(

Very nice set with some great atmospheric images.

I'm hoping to get myself up there in February when the wife goes to sunnier climes for her holiday. It's being many years since my last visit and these shots are a reminder what Skye has to offer.....thanks.

Not looking forward to the 900 mile round trip though:(

Factor in the amount you drive on the island too. It was only my second visit but in the three days I was there I did over 300 miles on the island. It was nice not having to worry about parking etc as it was very quiet but when there is only so much daylight you don't want to waste too much in the car. I'm going to try and get up in March. Hope you have a successful trip and keep us informed with your images.

A lovely set of images from a place I know oh so well Simon, both Fairy Pools images being the standout of the set for me.

Thanks, knowing your images I really appreciate that.

Fabulous set Simon, even with the odd camera behaviour.

Thanks, It was more odd Photographer behaviour. The D850 is a superb camera but I couldn't resist a wee play with the features missing from my D810. Just about got away with it.

Excellent work.
Loving the composition in each of those.
Great colours too

Back