A few dramatic Black and white images

Name
Gavin
Edit My Images
Yes
Recently I had lost my photo mojo. Struggling to convey the emotion of the scene before me to the cameras sensor. Perhaps I was putting too much pressure on myself to "get the shot".

So after following the advice of a few fellow togs I relaxed, gave myself a little break then, when I was ready I went back out again and just enjoyed being out, not worrying if i even took any pictures never mind getting a keeper.

Here are a few mono shots I've taken recently

1. That Buttermere tree

Buttermere Tree by GJ Duncan Photography, on Flickr

2. Blowing in the wind

Blowing in the wind by GJ Duncan Photography, on Flickr

3. The dancer

Dancing by GJ Duncan Photography, on Flickr

Looks like it worked! They really convey the scene and atmosphere. First one is my favourite but they are all great.

Looks like the break paid dividends Gavin.
Really liking 1 & 2 (3 is good too), but the first 2 are taken to the next level by composition and maximising the lighting to great effect.

The sky and the paler grass is making #2 the favourite for me, plus the top branches leaning to the right give it a wilder feeling.

The sky and the paler grass is making #2 the favourite for me, plus the top branches leaning to the right give it a wilder feeling.
Me too, I think there's a greater variety of tones/contrast also. Nice job!

Very nice set of images Sir, and well suited to the mono PP work.(y)

George.

Lovely set Gavin, all 3 work a treat and the processing on them is lovely, great tones and mood created throughout. The second is the best for me, mainly because the slightly brighter range of tones over the first shot, which I think gives it a little extra punch.

Good set. I like them all but #1 evokes a dark moody feeling, which reminds me of the many times I've been to the Lake District. Fab image.

Nice set of shots I think the first one would benefit from some highlights on the water as they are rather grey.
Other than that well done.

Oh yeah it i spossible to downlaod the full size versions from you Flickr I suggest a change of setting to prevent downloads.

Nice set of shots I think the first one would benefit from some highlights on the water as they are rather grey.
Other than that well done.

Oh yeah it i spossible to downlaod the full size versions from you Flickr I suggest a change of setting to prevent downloads.

I didn't realise that was the case. Which settings do others use to prevent this? I'm not a regular user of Flickr.

I didn't realise that was the case. Which settings do others use to prevent this? I'm not a regular user of Flickr.

You click the far right icon at he top of the page select Privacy and Permissions and top of the list is who can download your images you choose who.

Done. Thanks for that mate.

Lovely set, the first especially.

Back