A few from Anglesey.

I love the first, but the horizon needs sorting.
The third is very appealing too.

Thanks Viv, I honestly hadnt even noticed the wonky horizon on the first.:oops: :$

Cheers Lee, i will give it a try and see how it looks.

Yup, 2 needs to be a pano with a thin sliver of land. 1 will be much better straight.

The 3rd image has too much distracting detail to work as a simple graphic, but not enough interest as a landscape. I'd probably drop clarity (if you using lightroom) a lot to smooth out water & sky, possibly also try to blend horizon to get a smoother change between the water & cloud.

I rather like two actually - a letter box crop might help but its fine as it is and by far the best of the set

The other shot into the sun (3) doesn't work for me at all and I think 1 - once straightened is a great composition but the strong light distracts a bit. Shooting that away from the sun early evening might be very good indeed

Yup, 2 needs to be a pano with a thin sliver of land. 1 will be much better straight.

The 3rd image has too much distracting detail to work as a simple graphic, but not enough interest as a landscape. I'd probably drop clarity (if you using lightroom) a lot to smooth out water & sky, possibly also try to blend horizon to get a smoother change between the water & cloud.

Sorry for the late reply @ancient_mariner, i thought i had replied to your comment already.

Thanks for the suggestions and comments.
I have tried the second as suggested by yourself and LeeRatters and i personally felt it didnt work, or maybe its just i couldnt get it to work, you are welcome to have a go yourself if you wish.
I agree with your comment on the 3rd image, it's "soc", i softened it with lightroom but i kinda feel it needs a bit more than just a clarity drop and needs taking into photoshop for what you have suggested, unfortunately my editing skills end at lightroom and i still have a way to go with that, i really need to get to grips with photoshop.

I rather like two actually - a letter box crop might help but its fine as it is and by far the best of the set

The other shot into the sun (3) doesn't work for me at all and I think 1 - once straightened is a great composition but the strong light distracts a bit. Shooting that away from the sun early evening might be very good indeed

Thanks for the comments Steve.(y)

I kinda knew that the 3rd was marmite, i quite like it, but as suggested above it could do with being a softer image.
I agree the strong light is a distraction in the 1st, if my editing skills were a bit better i would have toned it down a bit.

I have tried the second as suggested by yourself and LeeRatters and i personally felt it didnt work, or maybe its just i couldnt get it to work, you are welcome to have a go yourself if you wish.

I had a quick go on a screen-grab from flickr. Tonality unchanged, used the lightroom dust removal tool on heal to meld the horizon line with parts of the sea, applied a gradient to the sky and horizon with reduced clarity & sharpness and a small boost to yellow & magenta. Reduced clarity overall too, plus fixed a spot of lens flare. If it were mine I'd probably tweak the tones & brightness a little to make it pop a bit more, because reducing clarity tends to make an image a bit flat & dull.

Not my picture-2019.jpg

Cheers Toni, you have given something to work on, mainly how to use lightroom.:thinking:
Thanks for explaining your workflow on the image.

I've had a while off from photgraphy and am trying to find my feet both with my photography and lightroom, i am suprised at how much i have forgotten, i expected to pick it up from where i left off but have found this not to be the case.

Back