a few from around scotland (a few more added)

Edit My Images
Yes
i was lucky enough to spend nearly a week up in scotland during August, so plenty of oppourtunity for interesting scenes, tried to resist the honeypot locations, but it's hard to pass up the opportunity given how accessible the spots are....
my main aim was to go with no plan, no preconceptions and enjoy the freedom to follow my nose - which i found really worked, and helped me capture some intimate/personal things that I'm really happy with. I've not had time to process all the images yet, so started with the straightforward ones, and leave the rest to return to at a later date, and see how I feel about them then

Untitled
by Ian Simpson, on Flickr

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

i'd love to say i'd planned this shot (like the other two people i met down there) but sadly all i knew was that it was high tide at sunrise, totally awe struck to discover the sun was going to peep through the rock!!!

Untitled

thanks for looking :)

Some very nice images. You got the reflections I yearned for on my last 2 recent visits but never got. Well done!

Got to the be the last from the second post. Don't care for the middle shot at all

yeah, I'd just been sat by the loch being killed by midgies for what seemed like an eternity. as i was leaving the last bit of sun just caught the greenery, and the midgies disappeared briefly. think that was the main reason that i enjoyed that shot. the memory of a few minutes relief!!!

#10 is a cracker.
Great colours, and I love the pattern in the sand.

Which lens did you use?

i use a couple of vintage lens.
contax zeiss vario-sonnar T* 28-85mm f/3.3-4
contax zeiss vario-sonnar T* 100-300mm f4.5-5.6
I've had modern lenses in the past, but the older gear suits me best, slows things down. plus they're a bit more compact and mostly lighter too.

Excellent set there, thanks for posting :)

The good:
No 5 looks nice.
6 is OK, just perhaps a cloud or two too many...

7. This would be easily a stand out shot really. It needs some editing work to make it really sing but as far as composition and the view go you nailed it.
I would say 0.5-1 stop more around brightness, boost colours or perhaps vibrance, and cool down the WB to get more blues colour. You are done when prints come out strong and punchy.

8 is OK, just lose the darker bit at the top

10. Works for me. Sky is maybe a tad too heavy. You could do some closeups focusing on the pattern in the sand as a black and white.

The in-between:
2. Nice sky. In my view it needs much tighter framing as a horizontal.
3. Good exposure, but to my taste the perspective is a little extreme.
4. Might work as a detail shot but appears very underexposed.

The miserable.
1. Misery defined. The sky is a bit blown out too.
2. Apart from sky it fits the description.
9. Why???

Back