A few from Bristol

Name
Nightmare
Edit My Images
No
It took me just over 3 months to edit them. You've probably seen better ones of the same from me before but this is what it was like on this occasion:

20190606-_TR_0858-3.jpg 20190606-_TR_0867-Edit-2.jpg
The expectation was really that the whole cloud would go purple but this was the most vivid. I have to say this must be one of the top 10 viewpoints in the UK.

20190606-_TR_0923-Edit-2.jpg

OP
OP
LongLensPhotography
Name
Nightmare
Edit My Images
No
I like the 3rd one but but the sunstars are not fantastic.
It makes perfect sense. At f/5.6 (1 hour after sunset so really had no choice) this is all you can get. I am sure by f/13 they would look quite different. Maybe I should have done another frame at ridiculous ISO and blend that in.

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I kind of like the last picture. The problem I have is that the reflection is rippled and not totally perfect.

The light bursts I couldn’t give a f*** about - getting a clean non noisy exposure is far more important. I’ve been here before - I’d have framed it tighter or cropped it square to lose a lot of the right side - here I shoot 50mm or longer

That ripple though - that bugs the absolute s*** out of me though

With the first two I’d place a graduated filter in post production to maybe take 1/4 stop off the sky and bring out just a little more colour. I don’t mind the brown water - it is what it is and it’s not rippled so the vague reflection at the bottom of the frame is untouched - and to me this stuff matters.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LongLensPhotography
Name
Nightmare
Edit My Images
No
I kind of like the last picture. The problem I have is that the reflection is rippled and not totally perfect.

The light bursts I couldn’t give a f*** about - getting a clean non noisy exposure is far more important. I’ve been here before - I’d have framed it tighter or cropped it square to lose a lot of the right side - here I shoot 50mm or longer

That ripple though - that bugs the absolute s*** out of me though

With the first two I’d place a graduated filter in post production to maybe take 1/4 stop off the sky and bring out just a little more colour. I don’t mind the brown water - it is what it is and it’s not rippled so the vague reflection at the bottom of the frame is untouched - and to me this stuff matters.
I normally go for tighter shots as well. Considering that I have a lot of them already and the reflection wasn't really strong enough. I deleted the one I tried.

The ripple - what ripple?
20190606-_TR_0923-Edit-3.jpg
I only had to dig out a shorter exposure.

The first two have a fair bit of sky darkening added already. I could try some more but my worry is that cloud going too dark, which I can't stand more than you - the ripples