A few from Bristol

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
It took me just over 3 months to edit them. You've probably seen better ones of the same from me before but this is what it was like on this occasion:

The expectation was really that the whole cloud would go purple but this was the most vivid. I have to say this must be one of the top 10 viewpoints in the UK.

Last edited:
I don't really go for the top view in general. Nicer in autumn though but the water colour just kills it for me personally.
Nice reflection image from Cumberland Basin though. Peter is correct, some nice Voigtlander or Loxia sunstars would be the finishing touch.

I like the 3rd one but but the sunstars are not fantastic.

It makes perfect sense. At f/5.6 (1 hour after sunset so really had no choice) this is all you can get. I am sure by f/13 they would look quite different. Maybe I should have done another frame at ridiculous ISO and blend that in.

I kind of like the last picture. The problem I have is that the reflection is rippled and not totally perfect.

The light bursts I couldn’t give a f*** about - getting a clean non noisy exposure is far more important. I’ve been here before - I’d have framed it tighter or cropped it square to lose a lot of the right side - here I shoot 50mm or longer

That ripple though - that bugs the absolute s*** out of me though

With the first two I’d place a graduated filter in post production to maybe take 1/4 stop off the sky and bring out just a little more colour. I don’t mind the brown water - it is what it is and it’s not rippled so the vague reflection at the bottom of the frame is untouched - and to me this stuff matters.

Last edited:
I kind of like the last picture. The problem I have is that the reflection is rippled and not totally perfect.

The light bursts I couldn’t give a f*** about - getting a clean non noisy exposure is far more important. I’ve been here before - I’d have framed it tighter or cropped it square to lose a lot of the right side - here I shoot 50mm or longer

That ripple though - that bugs the absolute s*** out of me though

With the first two I’d place a graduated filter in post production to maybe take 1/4 stop off the sky and bring out just a little more colour. I don’t mind the brown water - it is what it is and it’s not rippled so the vague reflection at the bottom of the frame is untouched - and to me this stuff matters.

I normally go for tighter shots as well. Considering that I have a lot of them already and the reflection wasn't really strong enough. I deleted the one I tried.

The ripple - what ripple?

I only had to dig out a shorter exposure.

The first two have a fair bit of sky darkening added already. I could try some more but my worry is that cloud going too dark, which I can't stand more than you - the ripples

Last edited:
Nice compositions In all of them.

The third would be my favourite. First two need better/ stronger light. I’d also be tempted to lose a bit off the sky and foreground in one and two

Back