Critique A few from Glencoe, Rannoch Moor and Loch Awe last weekend in changable weather

Nowt wrong with these. I especially like the forbidding nature of no.2, very atmospheric.
Nice.

Reactions: ST4
Nowt wrong with these. I especially like the forbidding nature of no.2, very atmospheric.
Nice.

There is a partial reflection in both pics of the building.

I couldn't get the reflection of the cottage either, i posted the same image here not so long ago . Not quite taken as well mind you !

You can get the partial reflection, its a shallow pool so need to get really close to it, its very midgy and your lens will be almost touching the water. Its a mega spot. I was further up the river last night, will post later

You can get the partial reflection, its a shallow pool so need to get really close to it, its very midgy and your lens will be almost touching the water. Its a mega spot. I was further up the river last night, will post later
Take up midge photography :)

Superb set.I particularly like no. 3 with the various depths of green.

Very nice. I've just taken a look at your website and Flickr..as expected, many excellent shots many with a 'water theme' and I think my favourite is the lighthouse which I think is on Skye..April 19 this year. A daytime photo and late evening.

Quite a few on your website marked 'This set no longer in action' so I was unable to see all that there was.

Very nice. I've just taken a look at your website and Flickr..as expected, many excellent shots many with a 'water theme' and I think my favourite is the lighthouse which I think is on Skye..April 19 this year. A daytime photo and late evening.

Quite a few on your website marked 'This set no longer in action' so I was unable to see all that there was.

Cheers. I'll log into my site. It might have been compromised. The blog section should be ok and is a good way to read about what I do, where and when I shoot etc

A really good set, Loch Awe is the stand out image for me., that soft luminous light makes it a bit special.

Great set 2 3 and 4 my favourites the moodiness of 2 the reflections in 3 and the leading lines on the left reflections and shadows in 4.

Andy

Lovely work Steve, I'm going to try and get up on Monday weather permitting and head to the Glencoe Lochan, not sure if a sunrise or sunset timeframe would be better, any thoughts?

I've tried to find the Torren a few times but failed every time! Is it just behind the Clachaig Inn?

I'm heading up to the area at the end of September for a week of photography so it's really interesting to see your photos and add some possible locations to the list. If I come away with images as good as these I'll be happy.

I'm heading up to the area at the end of September for a week of photography so it's really interesting to see your photos and add some possible locations to the list. If I come away with images as good as these I'll be happy.

Head onto my site www.SFTphotography.co.uk and onto the blog section. This will get you all ready and eagre to get here.

Back