A few from Hong Kong

Name
Ned
Edit My Images
Yes
Paid my brother a visit in HK, it rained for the first couple of days and then on the day I walked up the peak (boy that's steep!) the weather came good and allowed me a sunny shot of the classic view of HK:

Wet litter by Ned Awty, on Flickr

Transport central by Ned Awty, on Flickr

This is a stitched pano so looks better BIG on Flickr.
HK from the Peak by Ned Awty, on Flickr

Love the third, it is obviously a classic view but the light is nice, not too hazy(!) and you have handled the verticals well. The second has bags off atmosphere but I would liked to have seen a bit of breathing space to the left of the street light and the people not being chopped off by the legs personally.

3 very different images, all good but number 2 is my fave.

i also like number 2. some great images there.

Thanks, I also like 2. I know it isn't technically perfect but there's something about it and the way the vehicles are lined up.

Love the third, it is obviously a classic view but the light is nice, not too hazy(!) and you have handled the verticals well. The second has bags off atmosphere but I would liked to have seen a bit of breathing space to the left of the street light and the people not being chopped off by the legs personally.

Thanks :) I know what you mean about chopping legs off but I have shots from a bit further back where the legs aren't chopped off and I prefer it like this as the framing of the vehicles adds to the drama and reminds me of how crazy the place it.

2 and 3 for me, brilliant shots. Even though nimber 3 has been shot loads of times, I still love rhe location.

Don't feel the love for the 1st two..but the last one...WOW. A Deeply impressive and accomplished image that showcases the grandieur of one of the worlds finest cities.

One is just a bit downbeat for me and two, well I hate buses.

2 and 3 for me, brilliant shots. Even though nimber 3 has been shot loads of times, I still love rhe location.

Thanks Mark :)

Don't feel the love for the 1st two..but the last one...WOW. A Deeply impressive and accomplished image that showcases the grandieur of one of the worlds finest cities.

One is just a bit downbeat for me and two, well I hate buses.

Thanks Steve, means a lot coming from you :)

Yes but it's the best day light example of that image I've personally seen. The colour palate and light just are to die for.

I don't see going to the "established" viewpoint as a bad thing. It's a well photographed city and this is the best view of it. Originality is all well and good but taking inferior images for the sake of originality is shooting yourself in the foot.

Exploration is great and it might yield a better image sometimes but quite often it does the opposite.

Back