A few from Kew

Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all,

Despite the questionable weather we have had recently, I visited Kew Gardens with an old school friend of mine. She very kindly indulged my interest in testing my (new to me) Nikon 105mm 1.4. It's surprisingly heavy, but I very much enjoyed using the lens.

For my liking, I think it's more of a head shot lens, over a full length lens - I think I'll use the 200 f2 for such things :)

Anyway, we spent most the day chatting as we haven't seen each other in 15 years! But I snapped a few from the day and we managed to stay dry all day!

I have tried a few different processing styles, hence the duplicate images in the set.

Full set here: Flickr album

kew_gardens-heather-3570-2 by Chris Reynolds, on Flickr

kew_gardens-heather-3838-2 by Chris Reynolds, on Flickr

kew_gardens-heather-3719 by Chris Reynolds, on Flickr

kew_gardens-heather-3682 by Chris Reynolds, on Flickr

kew_gardens-heather-3552 by Chris Reynolds, on Flickr

I like these. I've always liked the idea of using natural frames and putting something out of focus infront of your subject gives depth to a photo. The last two have a very vintage feel, Im sure that was your intent, which is lovely. Id like to see the set processed this way

I like these. I've always liked the idea of using natural frames and putting something out of focus infront of your subject gives depth to a photo. The last two have a very vintage feel, Im sure that was your intent, which is lovely. Id like to see the set processed this way
Yes - I like the vintage look too. I don’t usually do these types of edits, however the images looked very clinical as standard - I’ll have a go and redo the others in this style. Should be done by the end of the day.
I was purposely placing objects in front of my subject to see how the 105 handles bokeh.

Yep I like these too. The depth you created really does work well.

Gaz

3 is quite lovely and nicely composed ... the smile in 4 makes for a very appealing photo. :)

I've edited some of the other shots in the same way as the last two images. The rest are in the album in flickr :)

kew_gardens-heather-3660-3 by Chris Reynolds, on Flickr

kew_gardens-heather-3542-6 by Chris Reynolds, on Flickr

Back