Critique A few from Madrid

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been to Madrid before and was keen to get back there so I drove down a few weeks back in my European grand tour.

Palico Real

_DSC1964 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Then the same spot the next AM, but it really needs summer time for the sunrise to hit the palace

_DSC2028 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Temple of Debod

_DSC2010 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Almudena Cathedral and horrible people in my way LOL

_DSC7404 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Love the first one Steve.

Wrong time of the day to go to the temple though.

Madrid Reflected by Ricardo da Force, on Flickr

I agree it suits flood lighting but man it was soo busy up there I just couldn't face it. I prefer the leafy trees in yours but mine has better positioning in that all three elements of the temple do not overlap.

I will be back in Madrid at some stage. Its just a great city.

You sure love your reflections Steve, home or abroad!

I like the light in Ricado's shot, but agree the parallax of yours is better with the separation.

Reactions: ST4
I agree it suits flood lighting but man it was soo busy up there I just couldn't face it. I prefer the leafy trees in yours but mine has better positioning in that all three elements of the temple do not overlap.

I will be back in Madrid at some stage. Its just a great city.

Better? :D

I'm going back in May. Will be going to a bullfight at Las Ventas and taking a train to Toledo.

Temple Reflected by Ricardo da Force, on Flickr

You sure love your reflections Steve, home or abroad!

I like the light in Ricado's shot, but agree the parallax of yours is better with the separation.

Reflections to me just make a picture. I love them. I will always shoot them whenever and wherever I possibly can.

My Madrid remaning bucket list is a blue hour debod picture and a blue hour light trails at Puerta de Alaca and perhaps with a moodier sky more royal palace shots.

Better? :D

I'm going back in May. Will be going to a bullfight at Las Ventas and taking a train to Toledo.

Temple Reflected by Ricardo da Force, on Flickr

Thasts the one man. Bit heavy on the processing and shame about the tourists but you have it.

Toledo is great. I have a batch to process but I am already considering them some of my very best. I got the light, plus a cloudy moody sky.

Reflections to me just make a picture. I love them. I will always shoot them whenever and wherever I possibly can.

My Madrid remaning bucket list is a blue hour debod picture and a blue hour light trails at Puerta de Alaca and perhaps with a moodier sky more royal palace shots.

I LOVE reflections too. You might have noticed. The Círculo de la Bellas Artes is a good location too.

I LOVE reflections too. You might have noticed. The Círculo de la Bellas Artes is a good location too.

I noticed, I rate your spanish stuff really highly. I am back in France for 10 days in a month, doubt I will make Spain again until October sadly but thanks for the heads up. New locations and places to see is always good

I noticed, I rate your spanish stuff really highly. I am back in France for 10 days in a month, doubt I will make Spain again until October sadly but thanks for the heads up. New locations and places to see is always good

Managed to get to Valencia yet?

Managed to get to Valencia yet?

I was going to go but the weather broke down. You need the reflections to pull that image off and the winds were just too high. Its very much on my radar. I got to Seville but theres a few hipster ghosts in my shot and the best angle was ruined due to repair work on Plaza Espagna.

Missed out on Zaragotza catherdral but did make Salamanca ;)

I was going to go but the weather broke down. You need the reflections to pull that image off and the winds were just too high. Its very much on my radar. I got to Seville but theres a few hipster ghosts in my shot and the best angle was ruined due to repair work on Plaza Espagna.

Missed out on Zaragotza catherdral but did make Salamanca ;)

Find this gem in Sevilla?

Sevilla Reflected by Ricardo da Force, on Flickr

Back