A few from my recent trip to Snowdonia

Very nice set indeed, but the last one is just simply beautiful.
Upper right corner, is that the moon.
I do find that a little distracting.

Thank you viv1969 yes your right I was a little undecided weather it added anything!!!

These are quite funky. The contre-jour flare could be held to be a weakness in the first, and its composition and focus are a bit awkward.

The other two are from popular viewpoints, but you've seized upon interesting cloud and light and avoided the perils of over-processing the images. You obviously enjoyed the trip, and this comes through somehow.

Wonderful shots, good composition and beautiful colours.
Third one is very nice but the spot on the top right is distracting as viv1969 pointed out.
Should be easy to clone if you want to that is.

These are quite funky. The contre-jour flare could be held to be a weakness in the first, and its composition and focus are a bit awkward.

The other two are from popular viewpoints, but you've seized upon interesting cloud and light and avoided the perils of over-processing the images. You obviously enjoyed the trip, and this comes through somehow.

Thanks for the comments and advice droj, yes I did struggle with the first as the light came from a slightly different angle to what I expected, having to run and find another composition. But live and learn :)

Wonderful shots, good composition and beautiful colours.
Third one is very nice but the spot on the top right is distracting as viv1969 pointed out.
Should be easy to clone if you want to that is.

Cheers for kind words saglik

I think I prefer the 1st shot taken in the evening and shooting away from the sun, not into it.

2 and 3 are perfect

Thank you ST4 (y)
Will have to try a sunset next time I'm in the area!!!

Kellett

I actually love the light in the first one. Your eyes are drawn into it, and makes you wonder about what is outside of the frame.

No.2 is brilliant, great atmosphere. Not really sold on the other 2, compositions seem to be a bit stretched out.

lovely set. Only comment would be to give the tree in the 3rd a little more room to breath at the top.

Lovely light coming in from the side on the first one.
#2 is probably my favourite. Good composition with the lead in from the bottom right and into a fantastic moody scene.
#3 v v nice too!

I actually love the light in the first one. Your eyes are drawn into it, and makes you wonder about what is outside of the frame.

No.2 is brilliant, great atmosphere. Not really sold on the other 2, compositions seem to be a bit stretched out.
lovely set. Only comment would be to give the tree in the 3rd a little more room to breath at the top.

Lovely light coming in from the side on the first one.
#2 is probably my favourite. Good composition with the lead in from the bottom right and into a fantastic moody scene.
#3 v v nice too!

Middle shot for me, looks like an awesome place to be with a camera!!

Matt

Cheers for all the comments much appreciated (y) Kellett

Like them all, however feel the tree in number 3 (it rhymes!) is a little tight in frame.

Like them all, however feel the tree in number 3 (it rhymes!) is a little tight in frame.

Agree completely noticed when got back on the pc I had the horizon slightly off loosing the framing :facepalm:

Nice set.. not been the best year weather wise around these parts so your timing was pretty good

Simon

Yes the weather was on our side, apart from the last day where I thought our tent was going to fly away :wave:

Kellett

Back