a few from Newcastle

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Beautiful shots. I really like the colours.

My pick is #2…
and I bet a conversion will be successful too!

I do like the last one, taken from the Gateshead side of the Tyne.

My pick is three. I'm a big open view sort of guy and three just hits all the buttons and a good shot to take when the Tynes not still. 2 and 4 if you're into closer tighter shots are good.

I like the last bit distortions and lack of still water reflections deviate from my ideal.

2. 3 and 4 all good for me. Number 1 doesn't sit easily with the rest because of the light trails, and the uncorrected perspective (also a weakness in the last, though much less critically).

These are stunning. Super-sharp, lovely colours & perspectives. #3 is my favourite (from High Level Bridge?) but the last one is really interesting, a less-often seen angle from the southern side.

2 and 3 for me, especially 2 though, just a great capture.

I'm going to be going out and trying to get something similar. If you have any other locations you wouldn't mind sharing for something a bit different i'd be grateful.

Sorry for the delayed response i have been away on a well earned holiday!
2. 3 and 4 all good for me. Number 1 doesn't sit easily with the rest because of the light trails, and the uncorrected perspective (also a weakness in the last, though much less critically).
I didn't shoot the images with presenting them as a set on here as my motivation, light trails are a big part of what i do and the first image was intended to look as it does. I quite like the distortion from UWA lenses. I do have a 24mm TS lens for the correcting of verticals and converging lines but only use it when it's required. either personally or by a client. thanks for your comments though.
My pick is three. I'm a big open view sort of guy and three just hits all the buttons and a good shot to take when the Tynes not still. 2 and 4 if you're into closer tighter shots are good.

I like the last bit distortions and lack of still water reflections deviate from my ideal.
The tyne was like whitewater, very fast! Personally I was gutted that i couldn't get any reflections, i have another job up there in a few weeks so hopefully it will be still. thanks for the kind words.

My pick is #2…
and I bet a conversion will be successful too!
Thanks, i thought it would work too and actually shot it with B&W in mind, but it just loses something rather than gaining. i like the warmth and tones of the colour more than a conversion.
2 and 3 for me, especially 2 though, just a great capture.

I'm going to be going out and trying to get something similar. If you have any other locations you wouldn't mind sharing for something a bit different i'd be grateful.
Where are you based?

Back