A few from Orkney

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
I posted a LE at Loch Harray and a sunset at Yesnaby in earlier posts and thought I'd post a few more from my week in Orkney. Felt as though I was wandering about a bit too much not knowing the right places to go (or how to get there). Also a bit too much in the way of low cloud getting in the way of potentially good sunsets although there were a couple of decent opportunities. Time to plan my shot list a bit better for the next trip- I can fix the planning but have to live with the weather as it is. Lovely place- will certainly be back.

CC welcome

Yesnaby by Jim Tod, on Flickr

Yesnaby 2 by Jim Tod, on Flickr

Stroma Lighthouse by Jim Tod, on Flickr

Cliffs at Skaill Bay by Jim Tod, on Flickr

Stroma and Dunnet Head by Jim Tod, on Flickr

Dunnet Head Sunset by Jim Tod, on Flickr

St Peters Kirk by Jim Tod, on Flickr

All good Jim, but the first one really works for me with the sharpness and warm light of the cliff contrasting with the long exposure sea. The Skaill Bay cliff is my next favourite, mainly the way the breakers are catching the backlight, plus the sheep and the birds add a bit if scale to it.

The world needs more Stroma photos. Like the first for the same reasons as Peter and like the Stroma content as I said.

Thank you both for your comments.

Andrew, what's the thing with Stroma?

Thank you both for your comments.

Andrew, what's the thing with Stroma?
Nothing exciting Jim, my father was born there and all his family were from there, I used to go over regularly as a kid and had a few visits 10ish years ago,
I really should get over with the camera for a few days but not had the right time.

Back