Critique A few from Rannoch Moor and Glencoe

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
You certainly like your reflections Steve. A very nice set and it's not easy to pick a fave but I think the 3rd image edges it.

I had meant to go up at midnight Friday past but I don't think it woud've been this calm and that's why I didn't go. ;)

Reactions: ST4
WOW. These have inspired me to get out. Can I ask... In 2&3 what filter did you use? What were your settings? Where do you focus in the image?

Beautiful set Steve...no less than I'd expect.
But Jesus, that third one is amazing.
Literally took my breath away.

Not the first time I see your post. You always get some really cool reflection steve!

Cheers all. Reflections is easy, just head out when it's not windy and at the start or end of each day. I tend to check forecasts regularly as reflections are, as important, to me as the light quality itself.

The reflection in the 4th picture looks surreal with the mountain and the rocks in the water.

We are off on a tour of Scotland mid September through to October staying at Glencoe, Loch Ness, Isle of Skye, Perth, Loch Lomond etc. Your quality of photos are just the sort I am dreaming of producing whilst we travel around. Thanks for sharing. I love them all especially the "Lagangarbh Hut". nice one.

Number 3 for me, and I normally dislike the bluey greens but this one is suited to the limited colour palette and apparent colour shift.
A big framed print would looks awesome!

Great as usual Steve
3rd closely followed by 5th for me.

Last edited:
Nice shots,lovely colours in the main but don't like number 2 I'm afraid, doesn't pop like the rest, rather flat

Back