A few from Skye

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Elgol, fairy pools and the Waterstein head shots are all perfect. I wouldn’t suggest anything to improve.

Loch Fada - that shots been ruined by public enemy number one - wind. The waters too rippled and the reflection too rippled to hold my interest. Plus you’ve kinda got better from here before

The lifeboat shots not me but you’ll probably sell it easily enough on an image stock site

Elgol, fairy pools and the Waterstein head shots are all perfect. I wouldn’t suggest anything to improve.

Loch Fada - that shots been ruined by public enemy number one - wind. The waters too rippled and the reflection too rippled to hold my interest. Plus you’ve kinda got better from here before

The lifeboat shots not me but you’ll probably sell it easily enough on an image stock site

Cheers mate! I know what you're saying about the Loch Fada one from your own personal perspective, as I know that you only love mirror-like reflections, but I prefer it broken up a bit, hence shooting this one, however it was mirror calm before first light with stunning colour too, so we got the best of both worlds that morning :D

Elgol looks over-processed to me. Over-glamourised. And at the scale it's presented here, that outcrop lower left looks two-dimensional, and the sea looks like frozen plastic.

Overall, these images are confusing to me, because the way that I read them suggests that you genuinely appreciate such places, but yet you're driven to over-hype them. This could well be from a commercial impetus (and I've never ever known a watermark improve an image).

You have the craft skills, I think, but more sensitivity wouldn't come amiss. Despite all this, I've enjoyed seeing these. But I wouldn't like to see one every day on my wall - it would be a bit like being banged on the head repeatedly.

Forgive my take on this - it's a genuine perspective.

Very strong and effective
A great set but that Fairy Pools one is just about perfect.
first 3 images brilliant

Thanks folks :)

Elgol looks over-processed to me. Over-glamourised. And at the scale it's presented here, that outcrop lower left looks two-dimensional, and the sea looks like frozen plastic.

Overall, these images are confusing to me, because the way that I read them suggests that you genuinely appreciate such places, but yet you're driven to over-hype them. This could well be from a commercial impetus (and I've never ever known a watermark improve an image).

You have the craft skills, I think, but more sensitivity wouldn't come amiss. Despite all this, I've enjoyed seeing these. But I wouldn't like to see one every day on my wall - it would be a bit like being banged on the head repeatedly.

Forgive my take on this - it's a genuine perspective.

Honesty is always welcomed Droj, and of course personal opinion is just that. :)

#1 has great drama.

Loch Fada is my favourite though. Lovely colour. I get the point about still water for reflections but the edge of the broken water leads the eye through nicely. It’s still in the right places anyway - around the little island and the reflection of the peak. Very nice shot indeed.

Lovely set of images Martin with the Fairy Pools shot being my fav...I was hoping for some similar conditions last but had nothing but cloudless skies!

#1 has great drama.

Loch Fada is my favourite though. Lovely colour. I get the point about still water for reflections but the edge of the broken water leads the eye through nicely. It’s still in the right places anyway - around the little island and the reflection of the peak. Very nice shot indeed.
That 1st image is sublime and in the top few percent of landscapes posted on here.
Lovely set of images Martin with the Fairy Pools shot being my fav...I was hoping for some similar conditions last but had nothing but cloudless skies!
Nice work Martin

Thanks very much folks :)

Very nice! The second is the standout for me. That mood! The jagged mountains and the swirling clouds almost look menacing, balanced out by the waterfalls which are usually inherently peaceful to look at. Love that image.

Very nice! The second is the standout for me. That mood! The jagged mountains and the swirling clouds almost look menacing, balanced out by the waterfalls which are usually inherently peaceful to look at. Love that image.
Thank you Joel :)

Back