A few from the house and garden

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Varied selection of finds David. The first is a very nice colourful shot. Where did you find the beetle larvae - would of thought they'd be difficult to find now.
Thanks for that.
I was tidying up fallen leaves in the garden and checking a bit of it before it goes into the compost heap and found both the beetle larva and caterpillar.
My son decided to go cycling the other day and I took a torch and found the harvestman in the front garden when we came back.

Excellent set, I never considered a caterpillar to hibernate, dunno why?

A good set David, and nice to have the information about them too. At 0.2mm I'm surprised you even found #3. As a photo the last one is my favourite - good clarity and lots of detail with the DoF placement being so good.
It was a bit of luck, I saw something and had a look at it. Fortunately for the last one it stayed still so I could get a stack. If only its friend in this photo had been so kind -
EF7A0101Beetle by davholla2002, on Flickr

Sadly springtails never pose when they are next to something else.

Excellent set, I never considered a caterpillar to hibernate, dunno why?
I had heard about it before - apparently butterflies and moths overwinter in one of eggs,larva,pupa and adult - and last winter had seen the same species before - still not got an id-
I found another one of a different species but it didn't come out so well.
EF7A0142-4Caterpillarstack3 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Back