A few from the Lake District last year.

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Popped down to the lakes and surrounding areas for a few days last summer.
I must confess i didnt really like any of the following images but they seem to have grown on me over the past few months so they will finally get to see the light of day.

0X8A1558tp.jpg0X8A1571tp.jpg0X8A1584tp.jpg

Think of using interesting rocks or boulders that would lead your eyes into the shots, the foregrounds here aren't great, to be blunt. There has to be something a bit more interesting at the water's edge, or if there isn't exclude foreground completely and work on simpler compositions. The other thing for me is I think the editing is overdone, it looks like you've applied HDR effects or 'detail extractor' in Colour Efex, and as Charlie Waite says when it's clear an image has been overmanipulated it destroys the relationship between the image and the viewer. You're questioning all elements instead of enjoying the picture. It's not that they're bad, but work on a more natural look editing wise and search for more interesting foregrounds.

Last edited:
Agree with the above. I know there is a trend for super contrasty pictures but they look a little crushed so dial back the contrast/clarity. I'd crop to get the interesting mountain in the centre. But I think in all these, if you got the camera down lower, they would be more dramatic?

Back