A few from the Loire

Name
Justin
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I'd share a few holiday snaps taken in the Loire this year where we had our family holiday - not been to this region before but once again France just seems to keep coming up trumps ! I'll get my excuses in now (keeping people waiting, always arriving at about 1.00 etc !)

The first are from Le Mans where we stayed overnight after a 5 hour delay at Eurotunnel !

I only associate Le Mans with the car race and wasn't prepared for how lovely it is

[url=https://flic.kr/p/JzAsMQ]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/JzAv4y]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/JzBw2o]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/KpeRbP]

We then spent 2 lovely weeks visiting villages, Vineyards (the wine is excellent even by French standards!) and of course the odd Chateau

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Kpe6RH]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Kw8HS4]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Kpe4Bn]
[/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url]

After looking carefully at this set…

I want to congratulate you for everything you
did prior to SR:
— Superb compositions
— Accurate exposures.

Up to that point, great performance, brilliant.

Last edited:

After looking carefully at this set…

I want to congratulate you for everything you
did prior to SS:
— Superb compositions
— Accurate expositions.

Up to that point, great performance, brilliant.

oh dear i see a massive but here ! What is SR ?

Last edited:
Gorgeous set, totally beautiful, I'd love to live in that first one, wake up and stroll down for coffee :D

My only crit would be ( unusual for me) is to see more of them in colour, don't get me wrong the black and whites are good but I think the colour versions would give so much more of the place

What is SS ?

Sorry, my bad!

It should have been SR for shutter release… just corrected it.
Thanks for pointing this out!

Gorgeous set, totally beautiful, I'd love to live in that first one, wake up and stroll down for coffee :D

My only crit would be ( unusual for me) is to see more of them in colour, don't get me wrong the black and whites are good but I think the colour versions would give so much more of the place

Thanks T - i use B&W a lot whilst on holiday - like most families we arrive at places just before lunch when its the worst time to take photos - washed out sky and loads of shade etc

But yes I agree with your point :)

Sorry, my bad!

It should have been SR for shutter release… just corrected it.
Thanks for pointing this out!

Ah I knew there was a huge BUT coming - so what you are saying in your cryptic way is that you don't like the post processing ?!

Ah I knew there was a huge BUT coming - so what you are saying in your cryptic way is that you don't like the post processing ?!

Yes, exactly.

The conversions lack apparent DR because success-
ful conversions are only possible when based on the
right colours (excepted #5).

You posted colour picture are more pleasurable in their
renditions (excepted #8).

I recognize some places but not the light, the colours,
in all of them

Yes, exactly.

in all of them

For godsake less drama and blabbering in your cryptic nonsense and just start giving "normal" crit, it doesn't make you special to be so difficult just damned annoying and frustrating... Really no need for it and certainly nothing to do with language barriers before that's used.

Yes, exactly.

in all of them

Fair enough - strangely, I haven't raised the vibrance or saturation a lot - only +5 on LR.

They are Fuji jpegs and to me they were good reflections of the colours there - but hey each to there own and I'm a holiday snapper and you are a Pro so I'll take the advice :)

thanks

Thanks T - i use B&W a lot whilst on holiday - like most families we arrive at places just before lunch when its the worst time to take photos - washed out sky and loads of shade etc

But yes I agree with your point :)
Yeah I get that and I did wonder about time of shooting etc.

Ps apologies for my outburst above :D

Yeah I get that and I did wonder about time of shooting etc.

Ps apologies for my outburst above :D

lol hey no probs - despite trying to get up early, after having breakfast and drooling over the croissant, banettes and baguettes it was always 12 ish by the time we got anywhere !

Aww excellent thank you, seriously what an amazing place...those turret/spires place, like a princess dream lol..

Coffee croissants baguettes, little chocolate shops, I want it all!

I like the colours personally. I'd probably do something similar in processing.

I have this problem too. I love taking photos while on holiday, but as a family with kids, we hardly get to pick the best time (for photography) to visit a place, so you make the best of the opportunity.

I like the set, in fact the first shot almost looked like a painting when I first opened the page. If it wasn't for the wheelie bin the bottom right corner, it'd be superb. (y)

I like the colours personally. I'd probably do something similar in processing.

I have this problem too. I love taking photos while on holiday, but as a family with kids, we hardly get to pick the best time (for photography) to visit a place, so you make the best of the opportunity.

I like the set, in fact the first shot almost looked like a painting when I first opened the page. If it wasn't for the wheelie bin the bottom right corner, it'd be superb. (y)

Ha funny I never noticed the flipping wheelie bin not I can't take my eyes of it !

For godsake less drama and blabbering in your cryptic nonsense and just start giving "normal" crit, it doesn't make you special to be so difficult just damned annoying and frustrating... Really no need for it and certainly nothing to do with language barriers before that's used.
I am trying to express myself in a most prudent
way as I don't believe it is necessary to be as rude,
belligerent, or venomous.

@justa1972
shots two to four ARE renditions I remember
the place by in your post #13!

I am trying to express myself in a most prudent
way as I don't believe it is necessary to be as rude,
belligerent, or venomous.

@justa1972
shots two to four ARE renditions I remember
the place by in your post #13!

Nobody mentioned rude, belligerent or venomous, just simple say what's what without the essay of nonsense...

That's all....don't want to upset such lovely images.

All I can say about these images Justin, is "Excellent".(y)

George.

thanks for the comments folks - I'm happy with the comments :)

At the end of the day I am strictly a holiday/weekend away snapper really but I do love my hobby :)

great set of one of my favourite places in france.

Certainly a lot to do in the Loire and we only covered a small amount in 2 weeks !

I will go again for sure and take our bicycles next time :)

I have so many favourite places in France that I reckon I must come under the title 'Francophile' by now :)

Back