A few from this winter

Name
Stuart McGlennon
Edit My Images
No
Where is #4

Lots to like but the Pap one is glorious. Never had any success from there.
Cheers Scott I walked up the Pap the day before and got completely snowed in which was a shame, same with another walk i attempted up Stob Dubh - in the end had to settle for the lakeside stuff although this one was a bit of a lucky break, conditions were nothing like this 30mins earlier - blue skies and sunshine so was glad i waited it out

Last edited:
Cheers Scott I walked up the Pap the day before and got completely snowed in which was a shame, same with another walk i attempted up Stob Dubh - in the end had to settle for the lakedside stuff although this one was a bit of a lucky break, conditions were nothing like this 30mins earlier - blue skies and sunshine so was glad i waited it out
Sounds about right for the area, all four seasons in a day.
I've had another poor winter this year with motivation at an all time low, other interests taking priority and the best conditions generally midweek when I cant get out. Snow quite low down today but cloud level at about 1000ft. :(

Sounds about right for the area, all four seasons in a day.
I've had another poor winter this year with motivation at an all time low, other interests taking priority and the best conditions generally midweek when I cant get out. Snow quite low down today but cloud level at about 1000ft. :(
Aye it comes and goes the motivation, i'm sure yours will return, best not to fight it though which I'm sure you know. It's been quite a poor winter to be honest, the snow has almost always been followed by turbo thaw. I'm in a very fortunate position now although there's nothing worse than the best stuff landing when you're stuck at work. We were forecast snow (yellow warning) this weekend and it's turned out to be an absolute monsoon, nothing like snow!

A fantastic set of photos,Calm before the storm I think looks sharper than it would if I'd been there if that makes any sense and it's my favorite !

Nice set there Stuart, and really enjoy the snowy trees and the Pap. I thought the forth was the Pap, but couldn't envisage where you were standing for it. Certainly worth waiting it out, as always up there, you never know what the next half hour will bring. :) I feel for Scott, as I've been up there a couple of times and had no luck at all and missed the snow extravaganza by a week :banghead: Roll on next November.

lovely set
A fantastic set of photos,Calm before the storm I think looks sharper than it would if I'd been there if that makes any sense and it's my favorite !
A great set of images
Yep - Outstanding. Number one is my least favourite of the lot but the others are outstanding.

As good a shot of the Pap as I have ever seen.
Excellent set.
Thanks folks :)
Nice set there Stuart, and really enjoy the snowy trees and the Pap. I thought the forth was the Pap, but couldn't envisage where you were standing for it. Certainly worth waiting it out, as always up there, you never know what the next half hour will bring. :) I feel for Scott, as I've been up there a couple of times and had no luck at all and missed the snow extravaganza by a week :banghead: Roll on next November.
Ah that's a bugger - i nearly missed it myself as i'd planned to close the gallery immediately after xmas with working right through, though the weather at the time was bobbins so I trucked on til the first sign of snow then closed for a week.

Special set. Hard to pick favourites but I’ll go with the last two. You’ve had a productive winter...

Nice collection of images. Liking the composition and splash of colour, with the man and his dog, in no.2

Special set. Hard to pick favourites but I’ll go with the last two. You’ve had a productive winter...
Nice collection of images. Liking the composition and splash of colour, with the man and his dog, in no.2
Yep great winter set Stuart enjoyed them all thanks for sharing
Great set Stuart, but 2, 4 and 5 especially for me.
thanks folks much appreciated

that Calm before the storm is epic, I would put that on may wall nae bother Stuart, the others are pretty damn fine too mind :)

Really lovely set Stuart, particularly 2 and 4. Lovely work

Back