Various back grounds, light and times of day

D7200, Sigma 150-600 c

All C&C welcome, thanks for looking

Guillemot in flight 1024 2.jpg

Razorbill in flight 1024.jpg

Guillemot Misty bg 1024 - Copy.jpg

Puffin in flight 1024.jpg

Razorbill fly by 1024.jpg

All tight in the frame Phil but i know it's how you like it ...but it realy does emphasise the eyes in the birds ..
I like the Puffin shot great background allowing for a good contrast of colours from beak to tail ..

Last edited:
All tight in the frame Phil but i know it's how you like it ...but it realy does emphasise the eyes in the birds ..
I like the Puffin shot great background allowing for a good contrast of colours from beak to tail ..

Great work Phil.

Superb set Phil, great sharpness and excellent flight angles

Mike

Thanks for the comments chaps, much appreciated

Super set Phil

That is a proper set Phil,good for you,mate they are REALLY good. I'd take any one, and be trilled if it was mine......... damn I miss the sea and cliffs and birds at eye level:( absolutely beautiful bro
It's a b8gger init folks like you just take half a dozen calculated frames and go home :banana: lmao:p

stu

That is a proper set Phil,good for you,mate they are REALLY good. I'd take any one, and be trilled if it was mine......... damn I miss the sea and cliffs and birds at eye level:( absolutely beautiful bro

Thank you Stu, much appreciated mate. I've got to admit, sitting on the cliffs at Flamborough with the birds flying by for a couple of hours, has to be up there with following the breading LEO's for me :)

It's a b8gger init folks like you just take half a dozen calculated frames and go home :banana: lmao:p

Half a dozen?? nah mate, I actually took 8 frames but two of them were a little off :banghead::banghead::D

failed.jpg

failed 2.jpg

In all seriousness, I was gutted the Puffin shot was OOF, it was a great pose and would have made a cracking shot, but whilst I can still come away with a few half decent shots, taken with a £500 body and a £750 lens, I'm more than happy :cool:, thanks again matey

Ha ha brilliant 8:p:D,yup i'm a bit gutted for ya on that last puffin mate but the rest are stonkers,so i think you won.;)

I can see what you are saying about waiting on the cliffs,something I used to do as a kid before were came back up here,mainly fulmar and kitty only a few auks...gillimots,but yeah I spent hours I very much understand that comment. I've got to get back to those childhood places mate just have to somehow,I doubt this year but soon

ha ha yeah £1200 worth of gear fair play mate..............there's me grafting me self silly for a new lens(ok that's done and dusted) and camera,I must be mad,but pain is temporary an image for ever!! When I'm able to nail all these low light Roe you guys never get to see maybe just maybe all the graft might be worth it Phil, I dunno.probably i'm mad,but hey one life have a go see what happens i've pretty much binned the last year,but I'd grafted me self silly for little for years anyway,so it's nice to get paid properly and be able to even think about new silly expensive cameras. It's funny I have one more big lump to find we want a campervan,so We can be at x spot at dawn and shoot the eve light the night before

I so love me 1Div there is so much debate in our house as to whether to go for the camper first and maybe a new body some time later

Again all credit bro wonderful images(y)

stu

Top notch and also good to see the outakes, :LOL:.

As said, all sharp as can be, great captures, the first and the puffin would be my pick, cracking backgrounds too.

Ha ha brilliant 8:p:D,yup i'm a bit gutted for ya on that last puffin mate but the rest are stonkers,so i think you won.;)

I can see what you are saying about waiting on the cliffs,something I used to do as a kid before were came back up here,mainly fulmar and kitty only a few auks...gillimots,but yeah I spent hours I very much understand that comment. I've got to get back to those childhood places mate just have to somehow,I doubt this year but soon

ha ha yeah £1200 worth of gear fair play mate..............there's me grafting me self silly for a new lens(ok that's done and dusted) and camera,I must be mad,but pain is temporary an image for ever!! When I'm able to nail all these low light Roe you guys never get to see maybe just maybe all the graft might be worth it Phil, I dunno.probably i'm mad,but hey one life have a go see what happens i've pretty much binned the last year,but I'd grafted me self silly for little for years anyway,so it's nice to get paid properly and be able to even think about new silly expensive cameras. It's funny I have one more big lump to find we want a campervan,so We can be at x spot at dawn and shoot the eve light the night before

I so love me 1Div there is so much debate in our house as to whether to go for the camper first and maybe a new body some time later

Again all credit bro wonderful images(y)

stu

Don't talk to me about campervans Stu, we've been doing it 30 yrs! The one we're in at present I built meself 10 years ago but its time for another.

Though about building one again but not sure if I feel too old or can't be ar**ed :D, so we've been looking at buying coach built, £20,000 goes nowhere!!

Good luck with the Roe deer, I'll look out for the shots and good luck with a campervan, you'll love it, cheers matey :)

Top notch and also good to see the outakes, :LOL:.

As said, all sharp as can be, great captures, the first and the puffin would be my pick, cracking backgrounds too.

Thanks for dropping by Dale, comments appreciated........as for the outakes, I sadly have one or two more :D

Back