A few more from Bempton......

Edit My Images
Yes
All beautiful shots..:)..But the eye of the Gannet is just wow..Perhaps cloning out the bit of stick in it's beak might be a neat idea, I'd leave the grass stalks alone.Lovely :clap:

All beautiful shots..:)..But the eye of the Gannet is just wow..Perhaps cloning out the bit of stick in it's beak might be a neat idea, I'd leave the grass stalks alone.Lovely :clap:

Thanks Paddy :)......ya know, I nearly did it the other way round as well but couldn't make mi mind up whether to have a go at cloning the grass or not :D

It would'nt harm the picture to clone them all out, but the grass stalks do give it a sense of place!

Hi Phil

Not sure how these things work but this is another set that looks MUCH better on Flickr.

Some lovely shots, I must add.

I too like shot 4 a lot but also the meadow pipet is outstanding. Personally I would crop this image a bit more but most here would not.

Overall a very nice set.

Nice shots Phil. I went to Bempton Cliffs last year and thought it was an amazing place.

I think you could crop down the pipit shot a fair chunk and place it just on the left third line assuming the sharpness is there.

How great to see a puffin, there were none about when I was there!

Good shots and selection Phil, makes it all worthwhile when you have some great birds that don't actually fly off immediately they see you

Well done

Hi Phil

Not sure how these things work but this is another set that looks MUCH better on Flickr.

Some lovely shots, I must add.

I too like shot 4 a lot but also the meadow pipet is outstanding. Personally I would crop this image a bit more but most here would not.

Overall a very nice set.

Thanks Gary, it is fairy well cropped, I could re-crop,giving it a little more space to the right, in front of the MP, but don't think it'll stand much more tbh. :)

Nice shots Phil. I went to Bempton Cliffs last year and thought it was an amazing place.

I think you could crop down the pipit shot a fair chunk and place it just on the left third line assuming the sharpness is there.

How great to see a puffin, there were none about when I was there!

Thanks Philip, we went over 3 times last year between the middle of May and the middle of July. We saw more Puffins in 2 days last weekend than we did in all 3 visits last year :)

Good shots and selection Phil, makes it all worthwhile when you have some great birds that don't actually fly off immediately they see you

Well done

Thanks Bill, the MP was a bit shy, I was laid in the long grass 20 minutes before I got owt I was half happy with, on the other hand, the Sparrows were very obliging :D

20 minutes is just a light "training" session .......... I have been trying to get a good shot of a Golden Oriole for 5 years ...... and never got near

Last edited:
and I spent 3 hours today getting an average shot of the Cirl Bunting

I am quite patient if I have to be Bill, I go fishing :D

Back