A few more from Iceland :-)

Name
Rich
Still trawling through the thousands of images from the TP trip but here's a few more I have had a play with.

Taken at Hofn. The light was very grey and moody and on a bit of a bimble about I spotted some nice broken reflections of the mountains. Colour just didn't seem to work for me so gave a B+W make over
Hofn by evorichie101, on Flickr

This one was back for sun rise at the ice beach. A hint of colour provided a beautiful contrast to the stunning blue ice that littered the exit from the lagoon. These lumps of ice were the size of cars!!
Sunrise sea of ice by evorichie101, on Flickr

This one included @mickledore in the shot. Taken under the glacier in the ice caves. I think we hit them at the end of the season so they were a bit dirty inside but it was still an amazing experience.
Under the ICE!!! by evorichie101, on Flickr

A bit of an Aurora selfie. Struggled for any foreground interest so decided to include myself :)
Relax an enjoy the show!!! by evorichie101, on Flickr

great set of images, i love the first and the ice cave one. it's a shame he isn't wearing a brighter colour to pop a little more. i cant wait to go myself, how long was your trip?

great set of images, i love the first and the ice cave one. it's a shame he isn't wearing a brighter colour to pop a little more. i cant wait to go myself, how long was your trip?
Cheers Andrew.

We were there for 10 days total. Travelled across the south coast for 7 of the days and inland to Gullfoss for the final 2-3 days

I'm going for 4 days in mid May. Any recommendations for where I can get to and get back in time to get home?

thanks all :)

I'm going for 4 days in mid May. Any recommendations for where I can get to and get back in time to get home?

Where are you staying?

If you have a look at the pictures individually in my flickr account I have geo-tagged them all so it will give you an indication of where we were for them.

I've hired a camper so staying wherever I drop basically! I will have a look at your Flickr it may help with my planning thanks.

I've hired a camper so staying wherever I drop basically! I will have a look at your Flickr it may help with my planning thanks.
Even better then :). I would suggest getting yourself on the number 1 road (main road around the periphery) and heading across the south of the country eastwards. You will go through Vik which is worth a day around the headland, lighthouse and black beach. The Dakota (plane wreckage) is just before you get to Vik as is Skogafoss and seljalandsfoss waterfalls which are amazing. Another few hours on from Vik is Jökulsárlón which is the ice lagoon and where the glacier sheds and leaves the lagoon into the sea and creates the beach full of stunning ice sculptures. Another hour on was Hofn which was full of Reindeer and some stunning mountainous landscapes. Think that should see you through 4 days no problem :)

Even better then :). I would suggest getting yourself on the number 1 road (main road around the periphery) and heading across the south of the country eastwards. You will go through Vik which is worth a day around the headland, lighthouse and black beach. The Dakota (plane wreckage) is just before you get to Vik as is Skogafoss and seljalandsfoss waterfalls which are amazing. Another few hours on from Vik is Jökulsárlón which is the ice lagoon and where the glacier sheds and leaves the lagoon into the sea and creates the beach full of stunning ice sculptures. Another hour on was Hofn which was full of Reindeer and some stunning mountainous landscapes. Think that should see you through 4 days no problem :)
Thanks, that's not far off what I had planned. I thought the Dakota wreck was further inland so that's s bonus! It's more of a reccy for a longer trip in the near future but all I can fit in till later in the year due to work commitments. Thanks again.

You could do the South Coast, right along to Jökulsárlón in 4 days and it would be a pretty relaxed schedule with a lot to see.
That's kinda the plan I was just a little worried about going too far and having to drive hell for leather to get my flight home! I imagine its an easy place to get distracted

These are awesome Rich. I am very envious indeed. The one in the Ice Cave came out so well. :)

It is, but everything is pretty much on the main road so won't stray too far.

I'm planning to cycle it in 8 days, so sure you can drive it in 4 :)

Now THAT is a plan. Do you want some company? (Sorry for the hijack)

Cheers Gaz :).

The Dakota is about 5 minutes down a off-road track about 4-5 minutes past Skogafoss on you right hand side (sea side heading east).

Cycle it. that would be awesome. far to unfit to even consider that mind lol

1 and 2 are just wonderful.

The last one (and please don't take this the wrong way) .....well your being in it doesn't add very much.
You've wonky and underexposed (- PHOTOGRAPHICALLY!!), and you detract from THAT show.

I'm sorry....absolutely no offence intented.

Those are stunning. I really want to go to Iceland.

Back