Critique A few more of my lad

BMG

Edit My Images
No
Following on from my previous thread, these are a few more taken recently. Slowly I'm beginning to get back the enjoyment in taking photos. Luckily he's a really happy chap, which makes it easier. These were all taken whilst he was on his play mat, using natural window light.

I'm still trying to get the three of them together, but his two big sisters are far to active, which was one of the reasons for losing interest. I just couldn't get the type of shot I have been looking for/ seen on here and elsewhere.

Anyway;

1) lying on his mat, looking very happy with him self. I'm pleased with the sharpness of his eyes. Hopefully the crop works.

image.jpg

2) he's looking a little more serious this time. Slightly different take on processing. I know the oof parts of the play mat may be distracting, however for me it adds context, only because I know where it was taken.

image.jpg

3) final one. Not much to say other than his face looks slightly squished. Not sure how to alter that until his older and can start to push up on his forearms.

image.jpg

As always, I really appreciate any feedback, positive or negative.

Nice enough shots but the processing on the second isn't suited to a newborn shot at all.

I also agree with Simon that you've got in too close for these.

3rd would be my pic too... Looking forward to seeing more :)

Last edited:
They're all lovely with #3 being my favourite. I'm not sure, though, whether newborns really suit being photographed from quite so close up. While babes are all squishy they're funny looking creatures!
Thanks for replying, I can't argue about the close up, however I have almost identical shots of my other two, so has become almost tradition. They all look as mad as each other. I was really pleased to get the eyes as sharp as they are. It's something I've really focused on getting right. Hence posting. Also can't argue with them being funny looking!!! I have tried the traditional baby type shot. However I think this was one of the reasons I almost threw my camera out, I just couldn't get anywhere near the sort if images on here and got very frustrated. Doubt I'm the 1st to go through this & doubt I'll be the last.

Nice enough shots but the processing on the second isn't suited to a newborn shot at all.

I also agree with Simon that you've got in too close for these.

3rd would be my pic too... Looking forward to seeing more :)

Thanks for looking. PP is something I'm beginning to play with more to try and find a style, certainly not there yet. However will keep playing until I get it right. Hopefully.

Back