A few more recent indoor shots

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Got the muslin cloth out again, CC appreciated.

1) 3 year olds are hard but got some good ones in the end!
DSC_0898_zpszxqo6yt7.jpg

2)
DSC_0928_zpsz62gsgrj.jpg

3)
DSC_0892_zpsnewe9p1d.jpg

4) Experimenting with letters
DSC_0859_zps3tzmfvlu.jpg

5)
DSC_0853_zpsvvfggife.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:
Just realised i uploaded the wrong ones! Ive edited out a lot of the dark patches so might upload re upload them when ive done editing a different shoot

Adam, you would be wise to think a bit about how you go about the white background shoot. I'd like to see the edits, but it seems to me that you're not getting it close enough in camera, leaving you with too much to do. The danger with that is that, like in the last shot, you end up with no shadows on the floor, which leaves your subject floating in space. White seamless is technically very tough to do - especially in small spaces.

Saying that, you've captured some nice moments, although there's not quite enough DOF in #2 (actually, you've front focused a touch meaning that you've used a lot fo your available dof on the hands and put the lad's face oof a little).

Last edited:
I'd like to see more catchlights in the first two images. I'm impressed though!

Thanks for your comments, this was only my second time using the white muslin so still trying to get it right. It doesnt help that no amount of ironing is getting the creases out!

For lighting ive only got a SB700 and SB800, the 800 firing straight at the background from the right and the other attached to a white umbrella roughly 45 degrees on the left.

You're definitly right about the shadows and i confess its something i didnt think about when processing.

Food for thought....

Back