Wild A few Nudibranch Pics from Bali

Name
Will
Edit My Images
Yes
Amazing creatures Nudibrancs. A few pics here of the Hypselodoris (Risbecia) Tyroni species. Shot with an Olympus Omd Em5 mkii with 60mm macro lens using a nauticam housing and a sea & sea strobe (Ys-01).

RisbeciaTyroniEdit.jpg

View attachment 103564

RisbeciaTryoniEdit1.jpg

Last edited:
It's hard enough taking photos like these on land, never mind underwater. Stunning.

Thanks for all your kind words.

Nice one @Will.B, I think I like the 3rd image the best.

Where did you dive in Bali?

Lee, I dived Permuteran for a week then to Tulamben for a few days and in Amed for two days. These were taken in Tulamben not far from the Liberty wreck on a muck dive.

Nice Will,

I prefer shots 2 and 3 due to the more even lighting - I'm guessing you just used 1 strobe? The side-lighting on the first and last is just a little harsh for my taste.

I'm trying to cost up a dive trip to Bali, but not sure if I can get round to it yet, who did you dive with? I was thinking 3/4 days shooting macro around Tulamben and the drop off, then maybe a couple of days further south hoping for Mantas.

I did my qualifying dives on the Liberty back in '98- fond memories!

Mike

Cheers folks.
Mike. Yeah I did only use the one strobe.
It's my first time using a strobe as it happens I bought a new system just before embarking on this trip to consolidate my rig down to a suitable travel and dive package. Last time I was away I lugged around a 5dii with 24-105mm, 100mm macro and a 16-35mm + a canon g12 with ikelite (leakalot) housing. It was exhausting. So yeah figured with the upgrade if give a beginner strobe a whirl. Still getting to grips but enjoying it. Next step will be to get two bigger strobes and a port for 8mm fisheye I recently acquired. That'll be on another trip in the future though hopefully.
Definitely go to Lembongan if you're there. It's awesome. I just did a day trip from Sanur which was a little pricey but was well worth it nonetheless. I'm sure you could do it a bit cheaper getting the ferry, staying there for a few days and diving with a local company.
We saw a mola mola which was hanging out having a clean at 36m. The vid was about 40m. Cold but yeah amazing. Next dive 5 or 6 mantas. Again flippin cold for what we were used to at that rate but 5/ 6 mantas. Wow.
Mostly dived with Dive Concepts. Amed I dived with Eco divers.

Back